avast! SecureLine: Installing avast! SecureLine
|How to install avast! SecureLine?
The following system requirements are recommended in order to install and run avast! SecureLine on your Windows computer:
- Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3.
- Microsoft Windows Vista (any Edition excl. Starter Edition, 32-bit or 64-bit).
- Microsoft Windows 7 (any Edition, 32-bit or 64-bit)
Microsoft NET Framework 3.5 or higher needs to be installed.
|Installation of avast! SecureLine
Before you begin the installation of avast! SecureLine please ensure that:
- You are logged into Windows as an Administrator or as a user with administrator permissions (for instructions refer to the Windows help or documentation Microsoft's website, or contact your computer/network administrator),
- All other programs in Windows are closed and not running (for instructions refer to your vendor's documentation),
- Your antivirus protection is temporary disabled (for instructions refer to your vendor's documentation),
...to prevent avast! avast! SecureLine from being incorrectly installed or aborted unexpectedly. When you are ready, proceed as follows:
- Firstly download avast! SecureLine from the Customer Portal and save it to your computer, in a location where you will easily be able to locate it. For example save the downloaded setup file on your Windows Desktop.
- Now, if you are logged in to:
...and if prompted by the User Account Control dialog for permissions, click 'Yes' (or 'Continue' in Windows Vista) to begin the installation process.
- Windows 7 or Windows Vista as a user with administrator permissions, right-click on the setup file and choose 'Run as administrator' from the context menu,
- Windows XP as an Administrator or as a user with administrator permissions, or you are logged in to Windows 7 or Windows Vista as an Administrator (i.e. not a user with administrator permissions), just double-click the setup file,
- When avast! SecureLine Setup starts you will see a welcome screen. Click 'Next' to continue.
- You now need to confirm that you have read and accept the terms of the License Agreement by selecting the option 'I accept the agreement'. Then click 'Next' to proceed.
- On the following screen you can Select Destination Location by entering the full path where you want to install avast! SecureLine, or you can click 'Browse...' on the right, and locate the installation folder by browsing your computer via the navigation dialog. When the path is specified, or if you want to keep the default, click 'Next'.
- Now you are Ready to install and you can check your setup configuration before proceeding with the installation. If you missed something, just use the 'Back' button to go back and change the configuration. When you have finished the configuration, click 'Install'.
- The avast! SecureLine Setup will then display an installation progress,
...and if prompted by the Windows Security dialog for permissions to install VPN Network Adapter from Sparklabs, click 'Install' to continue the installation process.
- When the installation is successfully completed, click 'Finish' to close the avast! SecureLine Setup.
- Once it's finished, a welcome screen with basic introduction to avast! SecureLine will appear. Here you can read the Getting Started guide, visit the Support site. You can also 'Enable Low Profile mode', but while enabled, there will be no software updates or location detection by the client so the Quick Connect feature will not work and you’ll have to choose your VPN gateway manually. If you don't want to see this screen during next startup, clear the checkbox 'Show this window when avast! SecureLine opens'. Then click 'Close'.
avast! SecureLine should then be installed on your machine, so you can double-click the shortcut icon on your Windows Desktop to open it.
avast! SecureLine Pro
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate
Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition