avast! EasyPass: FAQ - Miscellaneous
|avast! EasyPass FAQ - Miscellaneous
When AutoFill is On, avast! EasyPass will analyze every web page that you download to see whether forms on this page can be filled from your Passcards and/or Identities. It takes processor cycles. So we recommend to keep AutoFill off and to use form filling from avast! EasyPass Toolbar instead.
AutoSave analyzes your form to see whether it is worth saving to Passcard when you click a 'Submit' button. The slowdown caused by it is minimal, so we recommend to keep AutoSave always On.
If avast! EasyPass behaves in an unexpected way or if it does not fill forms or if an "Assertion Failed" window pops up, please report this situation to avast! support.
Please understand, however, that we cannot see your computer and that we cannot fix your problem unless we can reproduce it. It means that you should send us a sufficiently detailed description of the problem to allow us to reproduce it. Please include the following information in your problem report e-mail:
- Versions of avast! EasyPass, Internet Explorer, and Windows. You can get this information from 'avast! EasyPass' > 'Help' > 'About' dialog. If you encountered the "Failed Assertion" dialog then version information is placed on the system clipboard and you just need to click CTRL + V in your e-mail client to paste it.
- Sequence of actions that caused the problem. Please send us the sequence of your actions that caused the problem. Be specific in describing your actions. Remember, we cannot see your computer. Start with "All my Internet Explorer windows are closed. I open a new IE window and ...".
- Web Site addresses - be specific. If you navigate your browser to a web site, send us the URL (web address) of this web site. We do not know what web site you visited, so you need to tell us. If this URL is dynamic then send us the sequence of buttons/links we need to click to get to the web page in question.
- Buttons that you click - be specific. When you cause avast! EasyPass to do something (say, fill forms), please specify exactly what menu item you selected or what button you clicked. Sometimes the effects of the command may depend on how it was invoked, so it is important for us to know precisely what you did.
You can turn off AutoUpdate notifications in 'Options' > 'Version'.
Click the Green Star to the right of the password field. It displays the passwords in plain text.
Yes, they are. To put them back together, so that both Logins and Bookmarks are shown in your Logins menu, go to avast! EasyPass' > 'Options' and check 'Show Bookmarks and Logins together'.
To resolve the issue please click on 'avast! EasyPass' button in the top-left corner of the screen in the avast! EasyPass Editor, from the menu select 'Sync' and then 'Turn on Sync'. Now, if:
- You doesn't have any avast! EasyPass account:
- Choose 'Setup a new avast! EasyPass account'.
- Enter all the necessary information to displayed form together with your License Key which you have received. Please be aware that avast! Easy Pass User ID must be at least 6 characters long. Also ensure that avast! Easy Pass Password is strong enough, and that you are entering a valid e-mail address. When all form fields are filled, click 'Next'.
- On the next screen enter the Master Password and ensure that it is strong enough. This is the only password you should memorize and it cannot be recovered if forgotten. Then click 'Next'.
- Then the avast! EasyPass account registration will take a place and afterwards you can start using avast! EasyPass.
- Your avast! EasyPass account is already created:
- Select 'Sync with my existing avast! EasyPass account'.
- Log in with your existing avast! EasyPass registration credentials.
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate
Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition
Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional