avast! 7.x Mac: Inserting the license file into avast! Pro Antivirus for Mac
|How to insert the license file into avast! Pro Antivirus 7.x for Mac?
avast! Pro Antivirus 7.x for Mac aims to business customers which aren't allowed to use avast! Free Antivirus 7.x for Mac that is only for personal and non-commercial use. avast! Pro Antivirus 7.x for Mac can be purchased through avast! Business Partners only. Once you have purchased avast! Pro Antivirus 7.x for Mac, an e-mail with your license file attached will be sent to the e-mail address specified during the purchase process. In order to insert the license file into avast! Pro Antivirus 7.x for Mac you'll need to have it already installed on your Mac.
|Inserting the license file into avast! Pro Antivirus 7.x for Mac
To insert the license file into avast! Pro Antivirus 7.x for Mac please follow these steps:
- Open the e-mail containing your license file, and depending on your mail client software, save the attached License.avastlic somewhere on your Mac where you can easily locate it later. For example, in the default Mac OS X Mail, click the 'Details' in top right corner of the e-mail message header, then click 'Save', select 'License.avastlic ' from the menu,
...and when asked, 'Save' this file on your Desktop.
- Click the avast! Menu bar icon on the top-right of the screen and select 'Open avast!' to open avast! user interface,
...or you can open the 'Finder' from the Dock,
...select 'Applications' on the left, and double-click 'avast!.app' icon.
- From the MAINTENANCE section in the avast! user interface, select 'Subscription', and then click the 'Insert license file' button.
- A dialog where you can browse the files on your Mac will open. Locate the file License.avastlic, e.g. on your Desktop (see instructions in step 1.), and click 'Open'.
- If asked for authentication, enter the Name with Password you are using to access and administer your Mac, and click 'OK'.
- When a Insert License dialog appears, click 'Yes' to insert the license file with the displayed parameters.
Once you have successfully inserted your license file, it will be confirmed by another information dialog. Just click 'OK'.
- On the Subscription screen in the avast! user interface you can check if your subscription is ACTIVE and that the expiration date corresponds to the purchased license.
Once the license is inserted into avast! Pro Antivirus 7.x for Mac, you can continue to receive automatic updates for 12, 24, or 36 months from the date of purchase, depending on the purchased license. At the end of that time, it will be necessary to purchase a new license through avast! Business Partners and insert the license file into the program to continue to use it and remain protected against the very latest threats.
Normally you can install and use avast! Pro Antivirus 7.x for Mac for a free 30-day trial period. For further use of the program it is necessary to purchase the license through avast! Business Partners.
avast! Pro Antivirus 7.x for Mac
Apple Mac OS X 10.8.x (Mountain Lion, Intel-based)
Apple Mac OS X 10.7.x (Lion, Intel-based)
Apple Mac OS X 10.6.x (Snow Leopard, Intel-based)
Apple Mac OS X 10.5.x (Leopard, Intel-based)