avast! 9.x Mac: Inserting the license file into avast! Pro Antivirus for Mac
Inserting the license file into avast! Pro Antivirus 9.x for Mac
avast! Pro Antivirus 9.x for Mac is licensed for commercial use by business customers while avast! Free Antivirus 9.x for Mac is only for personal and non-commercial use. avast! Pro Antivirus 9.x for Mac can be purchased through authorized avast! Resellers only. After purchasing avast! Pro Antivirus 9.x for Mac, the license file is sent to you by e-mail. In order to insert the license file, avast! Pro Antivirus 9.x for Mac must be installed on your Mac.
How to insert the license file into avast! Pro Antivirus 9.x for Mac
To insert the purchased license file into avast! Pro Antivirus 9.x for Mac please follow these steps:
- Open the e-mail containing your license file, and save the attached License.avastlic to a location on your Mac where you can easily find it later.
For example, in Mac OS X Mail, click the 'Details' in top right corner of the e-mail message header, then click 'Save', select 'License.avastlic ' from the menu,
...select your Desktop or another familiar location and click 'Save'.
- Click the avast! Menu bar icon on the top-right of the screen and select 'Open avast!' to open the avast! user interface,
...or you can open 'Finder' from the Dock,
...select 'Applications' on the left, and double-click the 'avast!.app' icon.
- Then open the'Status' tab and click 'Insert license file'.
- A file directory for your Mac will appear. Locate the file License.avastlic on your Desktop (or other location where you saved it in step 1.), and click 'Open'.
- If asked for authentication, enter the administrator Name with Password for your Mac, and click 'OK'.
- On the menu bar for the avast! user interface, select About avast! to check that the expiration date corresponds to the purchased license.
Once the license is inserted into avast! Pro Antivirus 9.x for Mac, you will receive continuous automatic updates for 12, 24, or 36 months from the date of purchase, depending on the purchased license. At the end of the subscription period you must purchase a renewal license through avast! Business Partners and insert the new license file into the program to continue your protection against the very latest threats.
avast! Pro Antivirus 9.x for Mac
Apple Mac OS X 10.9.x (Mavericks, Intel-based)
Apple Mac OS X 10.8.x (Mountain Lion, Intel-based)
Apple Mac OS X 10.7.x (Lion, Intel-based)
Apple Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard, Intel-based)