Author Topic: Dose Avast also protect other client Emails?  (Read 7652 times)

Wildwood

Dose Avast also protect other client Emails?
« on: March 23, 2003, 05:13:26 AM »
Does Avast also protect me when I use Yahoo & hotmail, or any other email clients.  I use these for anonymity when I chat and things. ???

And Thank You Very much for allowing home puter users to have this for free, otherwise I would be sunk.
I'm disabled and live on a fixed income and my puter is my life line to the world.  Keep up the good work.  ;D :-*

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re:Dose Avast also protect other client Emails?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2003, 10:23:51 AM »
Hi,

Does Avast also protect me when I use Yahoo & hotmail, or any other email clients.  I use these for anonymity when I chat and things. ???

In short: yes, if they are based on SMTP/POP3/IMAP4 protocols. This is almost always true, except for web-based mail systems. There is no direct support for webmails because there is no standard interface avast could use to get its job done...

Please see, e.g., the following thread: http://www.avast.com/forum/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=89;start=0

And Thank You Very much for allowing home puter users to have this for free, otherwise I would be sunk.
I'm disabled and live on a fixed income and my puter is my life line to the world.  Keep up the good work.  ;D :-*

You're very welcome! :D Glad we could help a bit... :)

Take care,
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Last Edit: July 30, 2003, 04:59:35 AM by technical »
The best things in life are free.