Author Topic: ..:: Skin Preview for Vlk ::..  (Read 14319 times)

S.Z.Craftec

..:: Skin Preview for Vlk ::..
« on: December 06, 2003, 02:09:56 AM »
Hello to everyone in this wonderful forum !!!

This message is for all of you Avast! (If you want to translate it to all languages, and you want everyone to understand you, no matter if they live in Uganda or China, just say THE BEST ANTIVIRUS EVER ). I am so happy that I found so good program and what's more important, so nice bunch of wonderful people involved in that project... I was so blind untill now... I finally discovered this product... madness !!!

OK, this part is specially for Vlk...

You probably remember that I asked you about some additional skins for Avast! ... You explained to me that those skins on Avast! web site was made by your Graphic Guy, and there are no more skins for download at this moment. OK, I got the message. I tried to make something my way. Picture is at the bottom of this post.

IMPORTANT: I'm not saying that those skins are no good... NO WAY !!! good bless those skins, they are WONDERFUL. But, you know, we all like to change stuff from time to time... sometimes I also like to return to some old skins and so on...
I just don't want anyone to think like I disrespect somebody by sending my preview of Avast skin that I made...

I JUST WANT TO HELP IF I CAN, AND TO CONTRIBUTE SOMEHOW TO YOUR WONDERFULL PROJECT.

As I said before, I don't know how to make useable skin for Avast!, but I made picture that I would love my copy of Avast! to look...
If you like it, I'll be very happy, if not... what can I do ?  :)

Here is the preview:

You can see screenshot somewhere at the bottom of this thread (2nd page)

If you are interested in this skin and you think you could maybe make skin like that for Avast, please contact me. I'll be very happy. I'm not gonna charge enything, this is my good will, just like always... If it's possible, you can just put my name somewhere around that skin and it doesn't have to be so visible like on preview picture... you can always make it little bit transparent.

Greetings to all of you guys !
« Last Edit: January 17, 2004, 02:36:49 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Re:..:: Skin Preview for Vlk ::..
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2003, 03:02:53 AM »
great skin! VLK what do you think?
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Waldo

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2003, 11:14:58 AM »
awsome skin ! cool  8)

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2003, 11:22:54 AM »
This picture is nice, BUT, how would you want to fit the text into the triangular display?? I mean, the text  must shown somewhere... ;D
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2003, 02:19:14 PM »
Right at this moment I use RED CIRCLE skin for Avast!. It's display for showing important data isn't much bigger than this triangular one...

I'll try to put some text inside, and we'll see. I just wanted to make something really different.

I decided to make it triangular shape, because it looks like letter "A", that stands for Avast!
Also, I used green shades because splash screen is in that nice tone... it looks kind a futuristic. My idea was to put very bright green (neon looking) letters as data information inside. It will look more like those old green mono-chrome monitors.

I'll try to fit some text inside the display and I'll post new version again.

Thanks guys for your opinion !

Regards !
« Last Edit: December 06, 2003, 03:20:16 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2003, 03:26:27 PM »
I'm done...
Here are two different versions of that skin.
Version number 2: this one is with static text inside display (regular Avast way).
Version number 3: this one is with "moving" text. Some important information should continuously slide from the right side to the left side of the lower part (bottom) of display...

Version 2:

Version 3:

Greetings !

P.S. I moved pictures, so if someone is interested to see how they look like, please, e-mail me...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2004, 02:40:59 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline MWassef

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2003, 03:36:25 PM »
cool  ;D
MW

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2003, 04:31:26 PM »
Thanks Mina !

I believe this skin reminds you of old Egyptian pyramides... I love them as much as I love everything about Pharaons.

Greetings to you my friend !

Offline MWassef

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2003, 05:04:50 PM »
and to you too   ;D(plus a K  ;) )
MW

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2003, 11:37:48 PM »
looks great with the text if VLK puts it for download count me in!
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2003, 12:50:20 AM »
Thanks MacLover !

I just wish someone will contact me, and this idea and picture will become real and useable skin... soon, hopefully.

Thanks again for your moral support MacAddict, hehe !

Regards !
« Last Edit: December 13, 2003, 05:37:15 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2003, 01:00:22 AM »
MacAddict. I like that Idea

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2003, 06:46:42 PM »
Hello to everyone in this wonderful forum !!!

This message is for all of you Avast! (If you want to translate it to all languages, and you want everyone to understand you, no matter if they live in Uganda or China, just say THE BEST ANTIVIRUS EVER ). I am so happy that I found so good program and what's more important, so nice bunch of wonderful people involved in that project... I was so blind untill now... I finally discovered this product... madness !!!

OK, this part is specially for Vlk...

You probably remember that I asked you about some additional skins for Avast! ... You explained to me that those skins on Avast! web site was made by your Graphic Guy, and there are no more skins for download at this moment. OK, I got the message. I tried to make something my way. Picture is at the bottom of this post.

IMPORTANT: I'm not saying that those skins are no good... NO WAY !!! good bless those skins, they are WONDERFUL. But, you know, we all like to change stuff from time to time... sometimes I also like to return to some old skins and so on...
I just don't want anyone to think like I disrespect somebody by sending my preview of Avast skin that I made...

I JUST WANT TO HELP IF I CAN, AND TO CONTRIBUTE SOMEHOW TO YOUR WONDERFULL PROJECT.

As I said before, I don't know how to make useable skin for Avast!, but I made picture that I would love my copy of Avast! to look...
If you like it, I'll be very happy, if not... what can I do ?  :)

If you are interested in this skin and you think you could maybe make skin like that for Avast, please contact me. I'll be very happy. I'm not gonna charge enything, this is my good will, just like always... If it's possible, you can just put my name somewhere around that skin and it doesn't have to be so visible like on preview picture... you can always make it little bit transparent.

Greetings to all of you guys !

Very nice skin...
Anyway, please, try not use bold fonts (some language files could not fit in the screen) and use, if posible, a font with characters of more languages than English (otherwise, the acents will be lost...).

Is it posible to 'download' your skin to make some tests?  ;)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2003, 09:34:35 PM by Technical »
The best things in life are free.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2003, 09:24:08 PM »
As I said before... there is no skin yet, so that way no one can download it at this point. This is just picture, just small preview of my idea how would I like one of Avast! skins to look. This is just first phase. If those guys in Alwil Software accept it as good idea, we'll see... I hope this idea will be final skin product one day (soon hopefully)...

Bold text... all those parts I put on screen are bitmaps for now, even fonts (becose they are part of buttons). Guys from Alwil should choose the right font for displaying information at triangular display area (center part of the skin) if it comes to an project...

Regards !

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2003, 01:45:08 AM »
Sign me up for a dozen or two of these, if there's a volume discount!   ;D

Seriously, as has been pointed out, text might be a problem -- but overall it's got a great apparance.
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent