Author Topic: Virus so called from Microsoft  (Read 5129 times)

firebyrd10

Virus so called from Microsoft
« on: September 21, 2003, 03:32:52 AM »
I have just recived two e-mails that are suppose to be from microsoft. JUst to be on the saft side I scan them on yahoo (thats my e-mail) and yahoo found the virus Worm.Automat.AHB
The subjects of the two e-mails are          Last Internet Critical Pack, and Newest Net Security Update.        Last Internet Critical PAck has an attacjment called  Q388518.exe  and Newest Net Security's attachment is Patch66.exe.          I don't know if Avast will pick them up and i'm not going to try and find out.

I also checked out the Windows update site and they contain no updates like these.  I caution you. Also The links to microsoft are legimitment to further fool you into thinking it was from microsoft. Also the set up is the same. But the main thing that set me off is it was from e-mail. I have never gotten a update via e-mail
« Last Edit: September 21, 2003, 03:38:33 PM by firebyrd10 »

Offline raman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
Re:Virus so called from Microsoft
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2003, 09:17:20 AM »
Avast will catch it, if you have the newest updates. It is "i-worm.Sven" or "gibe.c"
MfG Ralf

shooter

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2003, 10:55:40 AM »
Hi,

I have this problem also!!
but now a open some of this! avast dont detect this!
Now i have always i message map132 exception!! this mean i must give my pop server and smtp server!
i always cancelld this but it stil comes!!

please help me!

shooter

shooter

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2003, 11:31:53 AM »
hi,

Avast detect this virus!! iam sorry but iam wrong.
My windows is infected and i let avast clean it up.
It take long but iam glad that avast can remove this!

shooter