avast! EP: Inserting the license file into avast! Small Office Administration
|How to insert the license file into avast! Small Office Administration ?
Once you have purchased avast! Endpoint Protection, an e-mail with your license file attached will be sent to the e-mail address specified during the purchase process. These instructions for inserting the license assume that you have already installed avast! Small Office Administration on your machine.
|Inserting the license file into avast! Small Office Administration
To insert the license file License.avastlic into avast! Small Office Administration please follows these steps:
- Open the e-mail containing your license file, and depending on your mail client software, save the attached License.avastlic somewhere on your machine where you can easily locate it later. For example, in Microsoft Outlook right-click the attached License.avastlic file, select 'Save As' from the context menu,
...and save this file on your Windows Desktop.
- Double-click the avast! Small Office Administration desktop icon to open the user interface in default Internet browser.
- You will be asked to enter your Username and Password. Default username with administrator privileges is 'admin', and the password is the same that you set during the installation of avast! Small Office Administration. Then click 'OK' to log on.
- Once you have logged into avast! Small Office Administration, click 'ADMIN' tab in the left pane and from the unfolded submenu select 'Subscription' to open YOUR SUBSCRIPTION screen. Then click the 'Insert license file' button.
- A dialog window will open where you can browse the files on your machine. Locate the file License.avastlic, e.g. on your Windows Desktop (see instructions in step 1.), and click 'Open'.
- You will be asked then to restart the service in order to activate the license. Click 'Yes',
...and in the meantime you will see a dialog showing that Server restart is in progress.
- Afterward you will be asked again to enter your Username and Password, then click 'OK'.
- On the YOUR SUBSCRIPTION screen you can check if your Subscription status is ACTIVE and that all Subscription information corresponds to the purchased license.
Once the license is inserted into avast! Small Office Administration, you can continue to use the product, for 12, 24, or 36 months from the date of purchase, depending on the purchased license. At the end of that time, it will be necessary to purchase and insert a new license file, otherwise the avast! Small Office Administration will not be able to communicate with any connected machines and you will not be able to deploy the avast! Managed Client onto your network.
Normally you can install and use avast! Small Office Administration for a free 30 day demo period. For further use of the avast! Endpoint Protection it is necessary to purchase the license.
avast! Small Office Administration 1.x
avast! Endpoint Protection
avast! Endpoint Protection Plus
avast! Endpoint Protection Suite
avast! Endpoint Protection Suite Plus
Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (Any Edition, incl. Small Business Server)
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (Any Edition, incl. Small Business Server, except Server Core)
Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2011