avast! 2014: Upgrading from an older version of avast! Internet Security
How to upgrade from an older version of avast! Internet Security 8.x to avast! Internet Security 2014 ?
If your license for an older version of avast! Internet Security isn't expired on your computer, you don't need a new license to proceed with the upgrade to avast! Internet Security 2014. Before you begin with the upgrade please ensure that:
- Any older version of avast! Internet Security 8.x is already installed on your computer.
- You are logged into Windows as an Administrator or as a user with administrator permissions (for instructions refer to the Windows help or documentation Microsoft's website, or contact your computer/network administrator),
- All other programs in Windows are closed and not running (for instructions refer to your vendor's documentation),
...to prevent avast! Internet Security 2014 from being incorrectly upgraded or aborted unexpectedly. When you are ready, proceed as follows:
- Right-click on the avast! orange ball icon in the system tray, select 'Update' from the menu and then click 'Program',
...or you can click 'Update now' when avast! Information popup tells you about availability of an update above the avast! orange ball icon in the system tray.
- The Update screen in the avast! user interface shows you then an overall progress of the Program update.
- When it's done, you will be asked to restart your computer. Click 'Yes' to reboot immediately.
- Once the computer is restarted, you might be asked whether or not you would like to install Google Chrome as your default browser and/or Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer. Please read enclosed Google Licensing Agreement for the details. Then click 'Continue' to complete the upgrade.
The latest version of avast! Internet Security 2014 will be then installed on your computer and ready to use. If you have not subscribed it yet during 30 days trial period after the initial installation, you need to purchase and insert the license file to continue to use it and stay protected. For more information and detailed step-by-step instructions please read the following article:
avast! Internet Security 2014
avast! Internet Security 8.x
Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise
Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate
Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition