avast! 8.x: Generating and sending a Support Package
|What is the Support Package?
When contacting AVAST Technical Support with some issue, you might be asked for the Support Package with configuration files, logs and memory dumps gathered from your computer for further analysis and troubleshooting. In such a case, please follow these instructions:
|It's supposed that you were asked for the Support Package by our support engineers in order to send it to AVAST Technical Support. Otherwise, please register a new account on support.avast.com, if you are not registered yet, and submit a ticket to AVAST Technical Support at first, with the following details:
The Support Package can be generated easily via avast! user interface as follows:
- Right-click on the avast! orange ball icon in the system tray and select 'Open avast! user interface' from the menu,
Figure I. A
...or double-click the desktop icon of installed avast! antivirus software to open the avast! user interface.
Figure II. A
- Click the 'SUPPORT' tab on the top.
Figure III. A
- On the Support screen, scroll down to the GENERATE SUPPORT PACKAGE section. Do not change the default selection (i.e. leave everything checked, except 'Full dumps') unless you are asked to do so by our support engineers. Then click the 'Generate Now!' button on the bottom right corner.
Figure IV. A
- Once the Support Package is successfully created, you will receive an avast! Information dialog showing its file name and location on your computer.
Figure V. A
In most cases, you'll be asked for the Support Package with Minidumps and/or Full dumps, which file size range can vary from tens to hundreds of MB. Because it's not reliable to send such a large file over the e-mail, please upload your Support Package to our public FTP server:
...using any FTP client program, such as FileZila with the following credentials:
||(Used by default if not specified)
||(File Transfer Protocol)
||(Arbitrary username and password)
Figure I. B
|Please be advised that:
- This FTP is not automatically checked and you should upload only the files specified when contacting the AVAST Technical Support.
- You have write-only privileges in this FTP directory, so you will not see any content or your uploaded file.
avast! Premier 8.x
avast! Internet Security 8.x
avast! Pro Antivirus 8.x
avast! Free Antivirus 8.x
Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate
Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition