avast! Mobile: Troubleshooting payments
|avast! Mobile Security FAQ - Troubleshooting payments
If you get an error message "There was an error retrieving server information [RPC:S-7:AEC-0]" or you are stuck when trying to start your payment for avast! Mobile Security, please follow these steps:
- Go to your device's 'Settings', select 'Application', then 'Google Play Store' and tap on 'Clear Data' and 'Clear Cache'.
- Go to your device's 'Settings', select 'Accounts', then 'Google', choose an account and tap on 'Remove account'.
- Reboot your device.
- Go to your device's 'Settings', select 'Accounts', then 'Google', tap on 'Log In' to login to your account.
If the steps above are not successful, please also check that:
- You are using the latest version of Google Play.
- Your credit card information on the file is updated to your new expiration date and all information is correctly updated. On a computer (not tablet or phone), you can also sign into your Google Wallet via 'Edit' option in the 'Payment Methods to review your information.
..otherwise, contact Google Wallet support
If you accidentally paid twice, please contact AVAST Support team.
If you think you have been charged twice, please make sure that the second charge is not an authorization. Authorizations occur between Google's billing system and your bank's billing system to ensure that the card is valid and the necessary funds are available in your account before the order is charged. If the order has been cancelled, the pending authorization will not result in a charge.
You may also notice a $1.00 transaction from Google, which is actually a pending authorization request between Google's billing system and the bank that issued your credit or debit card, so you won't end up paying the extra $1.00. For more details please read the following article on Google website:
If your payment was declined, you should have received an e-mail stating why your payment was declined. Please contact Google Support for more information about troubleshooting payments.
Please be patient and restart your device. It can sometimes take a little while for avast! Mobile Security to register your payment, especially if you used PayPal.
If your avast! Mobile Security is still not activated, make sure that your payment was not cancelled. If you were charged, but it still does not work after a day, please contact AVAST Support team with your receipt and phone number.
avast! Mobile Security