How do I remove an ‟iLivid” toolbar?
This toolbar is typically bundled with free iLivid software and installs without your permission, changing your home page and search provider. Once installed, it collects information about your browsing habits, suggests services, redirects you and shows annoying pop-up ads. In addition to being a PUP (potentially unwanted program) that will slow down your browser, possible malware has been detected in the software. All good reasons to remove it.
In some cases, a ‟bad” add-on can’t be removed directly via the browser menu, because removal is blocked by an add-on protector. Avast Browser Cleanup will let you know if this is the case and help you through the process.
How do I recognize that an iLivid add-on has been installed on my browser?
Note: There are several types of iLivid extensions available. Depending on the browser and add-on version, the iLivid installers may be bundled with, for example, Ask extensions. These iLivid add-ons have a (very) poor rating in the Avast Browser Cleanup tool.
AAutomatic removal (for beginners)
- Make sure you have Avast Browser Cleanup.
- Install it.
- And voila. Clean your browser with a single click.
BManual Removal (for the more experienced)
Chrome browser (v43)
- Start your Chrome browser via the program folder or the program icon on your desktop.
- Go to the browser menu in the top right corner and select ‟Settings.”
- Select ‟Extensions.” Alternatively, you can open the URL chrome://extensions directly via the browser bar.
- Once there, you should find the ‟iLivid” and ‟iLivid Plus” add-ons, as well as ‟Movies App” in the extensions list. Depending on the installation version, you may also find ‟Ask App for iLivid” and ‟Search Extension by Ask”, which are also poorly rated add-ons.
- To remove them, simply click on each recycle bin on the right.
- Confirm removal in the dialog box by clicking ‟Remove” for each add-on.
- That’s it. The deleted extensions should no longer be listed.
Firefox browser (v38)
- Start your Firefox browser via the program folder or the program icon on your desktop.
- Go to the browser menu in the top right corner and select ‟Add-ons.”
- Select ‟Extensions.” Alternatively, you can open the URL about:addons directly via the browser bar.
- Once there, you’ll find the ‟iLivid” and/or ‟Movies App” add-ons in the extensions list.
- To remove them, just click ‟Remove” on the right for each.
- Confirm removal by clicking ‟Restart now.”
- After the browser restarts, the deleted extensions should no longer be listed.
Internet Explorer browser (v9+)
Note: In Internet Explorer, installed add-ons can be disabled, but not completely removed. For complete removal, use a removal tool like Avast Browser Cleanup.
- Start your Internet Explorer browser via the program folder or the program icon on your desktop.
- Go to the browser menu in the top right corner and select ‟Manage add-ons.”
- In the ‟Toolbars & Extensions” section, find the ‟iLivid” and/or ‟Movies App” add-ons.
- Select those add-ons in the extension list.
- To disable the add-ons, click ‟Disable all” in the bottom right corner.
- That’s it. The disabled extensions should no longer be listed in your browser.