How do I remove Iminent toolbar?
Iminent is a browser extension that claims to make browsing and social networking more fun by adding emoticons, animations, games, text effects and a personalized homepage. It comes bundled with third-party software and is installed without your permission, changing your home page and search engine. In addition, Iminent displays ads and sponsored links, and may collect search terms from your searches. If you don't use this toolbar, there's no need to have it and you should remove it.
In some cases, a ‟bad” add-on can’t be removed directly via the browser menu, because removal is blocked by an add-on protector. Avast Browser Cleanup will let you know if this is the case and help you through the process.
How do I recognize that an ‟Iminent” add-on has been installed on my browser?
Note: There are several types of Iminent toolbars available. Depending on the browser and the add-on version, a ‟New Tab” extension may also be included. These Iminent add-ons have a (very) poor rating in the Avast Browser Cleanup tool.
AAutomatic removal (for beginners)
- Make sure you have Avast Browser Cleanup.
- Install it.
- And voila. Clean your browser with a single click.
BManual Removal (for the more experienced)
Chrome browser (v43)
- Start your Chrome browser via the program folder or the program icon on your desktop.
- Go to the browser menu in the top right corner and select ‟Settings.”
- Select ‟Extensions.” Alternatively, you can open the URL chrome://extensions directly via the browser bar.
- Once there, you should find the ‟Iminent Toolbar” or ‟Iminent NewTab” add-ons in the extensions list.
- To remove them, simply click on each recycle bin on the right.
- Confirm removal in the dialog box by clicking ‟Remove.”
- That’s it. The deleted extensions should no longer be listed.
Firefox browser (v38)
- Start your Firefox browser via the program folder or the program icon on your desktop.
- Go to the browser menu in the top right corner and select ‟Add-ons.”
- Select ‟Extensions.” Alternatively, you can open the URL about:addons directly via the browser bar.
- Once there, you should find the ‟Iminent” and/or ‟(Iminent) Minibar” add-ons in the extensions list.
- To remove them, just click ‟Remove” on the right.
- Confirm removal by clicking ‟Restart now.”
- After the browser restarts, the deleted extensions should no longer be listed.
Internet Explorer browser (v9+)
Note: In Internet Explorer, installed add-ons can be disabled, but not completely removed. For complete removal, use a removal tool like Avast Browser Cleanup.
- Start your Internet Explorer browser via the program folder or the program icon on your desktop.
- Go to the browser menu in the top right corner and select ‟Manage add-ons.”
- In the ‟Toolbars & Extensions” section, find the ‟Iminent” and/or ‟Iminent WebBooster (BHO)” add-ons.
- Select those Iminent add-ons in the extension list.
- To disable the add-ons, click ‟Disable all” in the bottom right corner.
- That’s it. The disabled extensions should no longer be listed in your browser.