Avast EP: Inserting the license file into Avast Enterprise Administration
|How to insert the license file into Avast Enterprise Administration ?
Once you have purchased Avast Endpoint Protection, an e-mail with your license file attached will be sent to the e-mail address specified during the purchase process. These instructions for inserting the license assume that you have already installed Avast Enterprise Administration on your machine.
|Inserting the license file into Avast Enterprise Administration
To insert the license file License.avastlic into Avast Enterprise Administration please follows these steps:
- Open the e-mail containing your license file, and depending on your mail client software, save the attached License.avastlic somewhere on your machine where you can easily locate it later. For example, in Microsoft Outlook right-click the attached License.avastlic file, select 'Save As' from the context menu,
...and save this file on your Windows Desktop.
- Open EAS Maintenance Tool for Avast Enterprise Administration, i.e. in Windows from the 'Start' menu select 'All Programs' or the 'Programs' sub-menu, then 'Avast Enterprise Administration' and then click 'EAS Maintenance'.
- In the EAS Maintenance Tool click the 'License...' button placed in the License Management section.
- In displayed License Manager enter the full path to the destination directory where is your license file License.avastlic located, for example path to your Windows Desktop (see step 1.), and click 'Load!',
...or you can click button marked '...' on the right,
...and locate your license file License.avastlic by browsing your machine via the navigation dialog, for example on your Windows Desktop (see step 1.), and click 'Open'.
- Now, you can check if all the information correspond to the purchased license in the License Manager. If you don't want to save a backup copy of your license file to the installation folder, clear the checkbox 'Copy the license file to program folder' and then click 'OK' to apply the your license.
- Once it's done, click 'Close' to exit EAS Maintenance Tool.
Once the license is inserted into Avast Enterprise Administration, you can continue to use the product, for 12, 24, or 36 months from the date of purchase, depending on the purchased license. At the end of that time, it will be necessary to purchase and insert a new license file, otherwise the Avast Enterprise Administration will not be able to communicate with any connected machines and you will not be able to deploy the Avast Managed Client onto your network.
Normally you can install and use Avast Enterprise Administration for a free 30 day demo period. For further use of the Avast Endpoint Protection it is necessary to purchase the license.
Avast Enterprise Administration 7.x
Avast Endpoint Protection
Avast Endpoint Protection Plus
Avast Endpoint Protection Suite
Avast Endpoint Protection Suite Plus
Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (Any Edition, incl. Small Business Server)
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (Any Edition, incl. Small Business Server, except Server Core)
Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2011