Avast Mac Security: Installing Free Mac Security
How to install Avast Free Mac Security
Before you begin the installation, ensure that you are logged in with administrator permissions, all other programs and internet browsers are closed, and any previous antivirus software is uninstalled.
- Apple macOS 10.12.x (Sierra), Apple Mac OS X 10.11.x (El Capitan), Apple Mac OS X 10.10.x (Yosemite), Apple Mac OS X 10.9.x (Mavericks), Apple Mac OS X 10.8.x (Mountain Lion), Apple Mac OS X 10.7.x (Lion) or Apple Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard, Intel based).
- Intel based Mac computer with 64-bit processor.
- 512 MB RAM or above (1 GB RAM or higher preferred).
- 256 MB minimum hard disk free space.
- Internet connection (to download and register the product, for automatic updates of the program and antivirus database).
- Optimally standard screen resolution not less than 1024 x 768 pixels.
- Download the Avast Free Mac Security setup file from the button below:
- Double-click the downloaded
avast_free_mac_security.dmg setup file, and select the Avast setup icon.
- On the setup screen that opens, click Continue.
- Accept the Avast End User License Agreement terms, review the installation details and click Install, then follow the steps to finalize the installation.
- Close the setup screen when a confirmation appears that the installation is complete.
To install Avast Free Mac Security, follow these steps:
- Download the Avast Free Mac Security setup file using the link below, and save it in a familiar location.
- Locate the
avast_free_mac_security.dmg setup file and double-click it to run the file.
- Select the Avast Mac Security setup icon to begin installation and click Continue if asked whether you want to continue.
- Click Agree to confirm that you have read and accept the terms of the Avast End User License Agreement.
- Review the additional protection features and untick any boxes according to your preferences. Then, click Continue.
Avast Browser Extensions cannot be installed when certain browsers are running. If a browser is running during setup, you are notified to quit the browser(s) to complete installation.
- Review the installation details. To make changes, click Change install location or Customize, then click Install.
- Type your administrator Name and Password, and click Install Software to confirm installation.
When installation is complete, a confirmation appears.
- Close the confirmation screen and the initial setup screen in the background to exit setup.
Avast Free Mac Security is now installed and ready to use. Access the Avast user interface via the Avast menu bar icon in the top-right corner of the screen, or the orange shortcut icon within Applications.
To connect Avast Mac Security to your Avast Account, sign into your Avast Account via the Account tab of Avast Free Mac Security.
- Apple macOS 10.12.x (Sierra)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.11.x (El Capitan)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.10.x (Yosemite)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.9.x (Mavericks)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.8.x (Mountain Lion)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.7.x (Lion)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard, Intel based)
- Apple macOS 10.12.x (Sierra)