Support: Submitting a support file using the Avast Support Tool
How to submit a support file with the Avast Support Tool
The Avast Support Tool is a diagnostic and reporting tool for your Avast Antivirus software. Firstly, it helps you to check for the most common issues with your software and suggests how to fix them. Secondly, if you are still not sure what to do, the tool automatically gathers files to be sent to Avast as a reference for support representatives or Avast engineers.
We do not automatically check for new support files submitted. Before sending the support file via the Avast Support Tool, you must notify us via our support portal
Submit a support file by following these steps:
- Submit a ticket to Avast Technical Support. Your message should include the following details:
- Your valid e-mail address
- Order number you received by e-mail from our distributor after your Avast purchase
- Details related to your issue with Avast antivirus software
- Download the Avast Support Tool from the button below:
...and save it to your computer (for example on your Windows Desktop).
- Right-click on the downloaded avastsupport.exe tool icon, choose Run as administrator from the context menu,
...and if prompted by the User Account Control dialog for permissions, click Yes (or Continue).
- The Avast Support Tool automatically checks the status of your Avast software to troubleshoot common issues. (If it does not run automatically, click Start.)
If any issues are identified, you can find help and suggestions when you hover your mouse pointer over the information icon , or click the Learn more link.
- Click Next if you want to create a support file to submit to the Avast team for reference and analysis.
- On the next screen fill in the following details:
This helps the support team to match the support file with your ticket.
- Your valid e-mail address as you provided with the ticket in step 1.
- Ticket ID you received after submitting the ticket in step 1.
- Click Generate and the tool gathers the files it needs. This normally takes only a few seconds but can take up to several minutes.
By default the support files is sent to Avast servers. You can change these settings by clicking Options before you generate the package.
When the Support file is successfully created, an information dialog appears to display the file name and location on your computer.
If you are already in contact with Avast Technical Support you can provide the Support Package ID to our support engineers in your next reply.
- Avast Support Tool
- Avast Premier 2016
- Avast Internet Security 2016
- Avast Pro Antivirus 2016
- Avast Free Antivirus 2016
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition