Support: Submitting a support file using the Avast Support Tool
How to submit a support file with the Avast Support Tool
The Avast Support Tool is a diagnostic tool that checks your Avast Antivirus software for common issues and offers troubleshooting solutions. Additionally, it automatically gathers files to send to Avast as a reference for Avast Support representatives and engineers.
Avast Support does not automatically check for newly submitted support files. Before sending a support file via the Avast Support Tool, notify Avast Support from the support portal
Use the Avast Support Tool
To submit a support file using the Avast Support Tool, follow these steps:
- Submit a ticket to Avast Support with the following details included:
- Your valid email address
- The order number you received in the confirmation email after your Avast purchase
- Details related to your issue
- Click the button below to download the Avast Support Tool
...and save it to a familiar location on your PC (for example, your desktop).
- Right-click the downloaded
avastsupport.exe tool icon and select Run as administrator from the context menu.
- If prompted by the User Account Control dialog for permissions, click Yes (or Continue).
- When the Avast Support Tool is finished running, click Next to create a support file. If the Avast Support Tool does not run automatically, click Start.
You can hover your cursor over the
information icon to view help and suggestions for an issue, or click the Learn more
- On the new screen that appears, fill in the following information:
- The e-mail address you provided in step 1.
- The Ticket ID you received after submitting the ticket in step 1.
- Click Generate to allow the tool to gather necessary files. This process may take up to several minutes.
By default, support files are sent to Avast servers. You can change this setting by clicking Options before you generate the package.
- After the support file is created, view the file name and its location on your PC, then click Finish.
If you are already in contact with Avast Support, you can provide the support File ID to our support representatives in your next reply.
- Avast Support Tool
- Avast Premier 17.x
- Avast Internet Security 17.x
- Avast Pro Antivirus 17.x
- Avast Free Antivirus 17.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows XP SP3 Home / Professional / Media Center Edition