Avast 2015: Upgrading from an older version of Avast Free Antivirus
How to upgrade from an older version of Avast Free Antivirus to Avast Free Antivirus 2015
If you are running an older version of Avast Free Antivirus and the registration isn't expired yet, you can upgrade to Avast Free Antivirus 2015.
Before you begin please ensure that you are logged into Windows as an Administrator or as a user with administrator permissions, and all other programs in Windows are closed.
- Right-click on the Avast orange ball icon in the system tray, select Update from the menu and then click Program.
- An offer for a premium edition may appear. To continue with Avast Free Antivirus click the Update button displayed in the Essential update section in order to proceed with the upgrade to Avast Free Antivirus 2015. Selecting the Update option in the Essential update + Internet Security section switches to the trial version of Avast Internet Security 2015 - for more information please read the following article:
- The Update screen in the Avast user interface shows you the overall progress of the Program update.
- When it's done, you are asked to restart your computer. Click Yes to reboot immediately.
- Once the computer is restarted, an information about update may appear.
The latest version of Avast Free Antivirus 2015 is then installed on your computer. Your protection will be valid for the remaining period of your registration.
If you have not yet completed registration, please visit this article: Avast 2015: Registering Avast Free Antivirus
- Avast Free Antivirus 2015
- Avast Free Antivirus 2014
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition