Avast 2016: Installing Avast Free Antivirus
How to Install Avast Free Antivirus 2016
Before you begin make sure you are logged into Windows with administrator permissions, no other programs are running in Windows, and any other antivirus software is fully uninstalled.
- Windows 10 except Mobile and IoT Core Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 8.1 except RT and Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 8 except RT
and Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 7 SP1 or higher, any Edition (32 or 64-bit);
Windows Vista SP2 or higher, except Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows XP SP3, any
- Windows fully compatible PC with Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 processor or above
(must support SSE2 instructions)
- 256 MB RAM or above
- 1.5 GB free space on the hard disk
- Internet connection is needed to download, activate and maintain updates of the program and antivirus database.
- Optimally standard screen resolution not less than 800 x 600 pixels is recommended.
- Avast Free Antivirus 2016 is not supported on Microsoft Windows Server operating systems, or any operating systems which are not specified.
- Download Avast Free Antivirus 2016 from the Avast website.
- Right-click the downloaded setup file avast_free_antivirus_setup_online.exe and choose Run as administrator.
- The Avast Setup wizard appears.
- Click Install for setup with default options.
- Select Custom installation to select the location of program files, and choose program components and languages on the following screen.
- The installation progress bar appears while the program installs. When setup is complete, the progress bar disappears.
Avast Free Antivirus 2016 is now installed on your computer and ready to use. The Avast user interface is accessible via the Avast icon in your system tray or the Avast icon on your Windows Desktop.
You must register within 30 days of installation to continue your protection.
For details please read the following article:
- Avast Free Antivirus 2016
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition