Avast Mobile Security for Android: Troubleshooting payments
Avast Mobile Security: Troubleshooting payments
Avast Mobile Security is a free antivirus for Android, which secures devices against unwanted phishing, malware, spyware, and malicious viruses such as trojans and against loss or theft.
I always get an error in Google Play when trying to start my payment for Avast Mobile Security. How can I complete my payment?
If you get an error message There was an error retrieving server information [RPC:S-7:AEC-0] or you are stuck when trying to start your payment for Avast Mobile Security, please follow these steps:
- Go to your device's Settings, select Apps, then Google Play Store and tap on Clear Data and Clear Cache.
- Go to your device's Settings, select Accounts, then Google, choose an account and tap on Remove account.
- Reboot your device.
- Go to your device's Settings, select Accounts, then Google, tap on Log In to login to your account.
If the steps above are not successful, please also check that:
- You are using the latest version of Google Play.
- Your credit card information on the file is updated to your new expiration date and all information is correctly updated. On a computer (not tablet or phone), you can also sign into your Google Wallet via Edit option in the Payment Methods to review your information.
..otherwise, contact Google Wallet support.
I was charged twice/I paid twice for Avast Mobile Security. What can I do?
If you accidentally paid twice, please contact Avast Customer & Technical Support team.
If you think you have been charged twice, please make sure that the second charge is not an authorization. Authorizations occur between Google's billing system and your bank's billing system to ensure that the card is valid and the necessary funds are available in your account before the order is charged. If the order has been cancelled, the pending authorization will not result in a charge.
You may also notice a $1.00 transaction from Google, which is actually a pending authorization request between Google's billing system and the bank that issued your credit or debit card, so you won't end up paying the extra $1.00. For more details please read the following article on Google website:
My Google Wallet payment for Avast Mobile Security was declined. Why?
If your payment was declined, you should have received an e-mail stating why your payment was declined. Please contact Google Support for more information about troubleshooting payments.
I've paid, but Avast Mobile Security still does not work. How can I get it to work?
Please be patient and restart your device. It can sometimes take a little while for Avast Mobile Security to register your payment, especially if you used PayPal.
If your Avast Mobile Security is still not activated, make sure that your payment was not cancelled. If you were charged, but it still does not work after a day, please contact Avast Customer & Technical Support team with your receipt, e-mail address and phone number.
- Avast Mobile Security
- Avast Anti-Theft
- Android 5.x
- Android 4.x
- Android 3.x
- Android 2.3.x
- Android 2.2.x (Avast Mobile Security deprecated)
- Android 2.1.x (Avast Mobile Security deprecated)