Avast Endpoint Protection: Activating the license file in Avast Enterprise Administration
Activating the license file in Avast Enterprise Administration
After purchasing Avast Endpoint Protection an order confirmation e-mail is sent with your license file attached to the e-mail address entered in the purchase form.
The following instructions assume that Avast Enterprise Administration is already installed on your machine.
How to insert the license file in Avast Enterprise Administration
To insert the license file
License.avastlic into Avast Enterprise Administration:
- Open the e-mail containing your license file and save the attached file License.avastlic on your computer. The method varies depending on your mail client software, e.g. right-click on the file and select Save as, or select the option Download attachments, etc.
We recommend to save the file on your Windows Desktop so you can easily find it later.
- Open EAS Maintenance Tool for Avast Enterprise Administration, i.e. in Windows from the Start menu select Programs then Avast Enterprise Administration and then EAS Maintenance.
- In EAS Maintenance Tool click License... in the License Management section.
- In License Manager enter the file path to where you saved the license file License.avastlic, and click Load!,
...or click ... on the right to browse for the file path.
- Tick or untick the checkbox Copy the license file to program folder, and click OK to insert the license file with the subscription details displayed.
- Click Close to exit EAS Maintenance Tool.
Avast Enterprise Administration is then activated for the remaining duration of the license.
Avast Enterprise Administration is available for a free 30-day demo period. After the demo period you must purchase the license to continue using the product.
- Avast Enterprise Administration 7.x
- Avast Endpoint Protection
- Avast Endpoint Protection Plus
- Avast Endpoint Protection Suite
- Avast Endpoint Protection Suite Plus
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (Any Edition, incl. Small Business Server)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (Any Edition, incl. Small Business Server, except Server Core)
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2011