Avast Antivirus: Password-protect Avast Antivirus settings
How to password-protect Avast Antivirus settings
Avast Antivirus allows you to set a password to protect various areas of the program. If you lose or forget your password, you can regain access to your settings by following the steps in the article below:
Set a password in Avast Antivirus
To protect access to your settings with a password:
- Open the Avast user interface and click Settings.
- In General, scroll to Password and click the arrow to expand the section.
- Tick the box next to Protect Avast with a password...
...then select a password and enter it twice.
- Under Protected Areas, specify which areas of Avast you want to be password-protected by ticking the appropriate boxes.
- General program access: open the user interface.
- Program settings: access all program settings when clicking the Settings icon from the main menu.
- Protection control: turn on/off the real-time protection shields.
- Protection settings: access the settings for the real-time protection shields.
- Scan control: access the controls used to stop or start a scan.
- Scan settings: access the settings that determine the various scan parameters.
- Update control: update or change update settings for the program and virus definitions.
- Virus Chest control: access the controls used to work with files in the Virus Chest.
- Backup/Restore of Avast settings: back up and restore your Avast settings.
- Firewall settings: access all settings related to the firewall.
- Click OK to save changes.
- Avast Premier 12.x
- Avast Internet Security 12.x
- Avast Pro Antivirus 12.x
- Avast Free Antivirus 12.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition