Avast Cleanup standalone: Installation
How to install Avast Cleanup standalone
This article describes the installation process of Avast Cleanup as a standalone application for users without Avast Antivirus installed. If you have Avast Antivirus installed on your PC, we strongly recommend using Avast Cleanup as an add-on. For more information about using Avast Cleanup as an add-on in Avast Antivirus, read the following article:
Before you begin the installation of Avast Cleanup please ensure that you are logged into Windows as a user with administrator permissions, all other programs in Windows are closed, and your antivirus protection is temporarily disabled (for instructions refer to your vendor's documentation.)
- Windows 10 except Mobile and IoT Core Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 8.1 except RT and Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 8 except RT and Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 7 SP1 or higher, any Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows Vista SP2 or higher, except Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows XP SP3, any Edition Windows fully compatible PC with Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 processor or above (must support SSE2 instructions)
- 256 MB RAM or above
- 100 MB free space on the hard disk
- An internet connection is needed to download, activate, and use the program.
- Optimally standard screen resolution not less than 800 x 600 pixels is recommended.
- Download the Avast Cleanup setup file from the Avast website.
- Run the downloaded setup file avast_cleanup_setup.exe.
- Click Yes when prompted by User Account Control.
- Select your language and click OK. When the Avast Cleanup setup wizard appears, click Next to continue.
- Confirm the License Agreement and click Next.
- Click Install to begin installation. A confirmation appears when the installation is complete.
- Click Finish.
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro /Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition)