Avast 2016: Running Smart Scan
About Smart Scan
Smart Scan merges scan features and tools in Avast 2016 so that you can perform a comprehensive scan in one click. After the scan, the results page gives you the option to resolve any issues or threats.
Open the Avast antivirus program installed on your computer, and...
- Go to Scan → Smart scan.
- Click Resolve all if the results page displays any issues after the scan is complete.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to resolve the issues.
When all problems are either resolved or skipped, the results page displays a summary.
To run Smart Scan:
- Open the Avast user interface and go to Scan → Smart scan.
- Smart Scan begins immediately. When the scan is complete, your results are displayed. If Smart Scan displays any issues, click Resolve All to open the appropriate tools.
Possible Smart Scan issues
Smart Scan detects various issues that may require additional action.
- Avast Premier 2016
- Avast Internet Security 2016
- Avast Pro Antivirus 2016
- Avast Free Antivirus 2016
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition