Avast 2015: Schedule an Avast GrimeFighter scan
How to schedule an Avast GrimeFighter scan in Avast Antivirus 2015
When Avast GrimeFighter within Avast Antivirus 2015 finds some issues which affect your system's performance, it notifies you with a popup message. If you want to change the way it checks your system and how often it notifies you about grime, you can easily change the settings.
The following instructions assume that Avast Antivirus 2015 is installed on your computer. For detailed instructions refer to the articles below:
Avast GrimeFighter is licensed separately from Avast Antivirus products. Before you schedule a GrimeFighter scan, make sure you have activated your license. Otherwise the scheduled scan waits for your license information.
For instructions to activate your subscription for Avast GrimeFighter with your license, please read the following article:
- Open your Avast Antivirus user interface and go to Scan → Scan for performance issues.
- Click Settings at the bottom of the GrimeFighter screen.
- Go to the Scheduling tab. Tick the checkbox next to Schedule scan, and select scan frequency and preferences.
- Go to the Schedule tab to set the scan launch time.
- Click OK to save your settings.
- Avast GrimeFighter
- Avast Premier 2015
- Avast Internet Security 2015
- Avast Pro Antivirus 2015
- Avast Free Antivirus 2015
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition