Avast Antivirus: Installing Avast Pro Antivirus
How to Install Avast Pro Antivirus
Before you begin installing Avast Pro Antivirus, ensure you are logged into Windows with administrator permissions, no other programs are running in Windows, and any other antivirus software is fully uninstalled.
- Windows 10 except Mobile and IoT Core Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 8.1 except RT and Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 8 except RT and Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 7 SP1 or higher, any Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows Vista SP2 or higher, except Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows XP SP3, any Edition
- Windows fully compatible PC with Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 processor or above (must support SSE2 instructions)
- 256 MB RAM or above
- 2 GB free space on the hard disk
- Internet connection is needed to download, activate and maintain updates of the program and antivirus database.
- Optimally standard screen resolution not less than 800 x 600 pixels is recommended.
- Avast Pro Antivirus is not supported on Microsoft Windows Server operating systems, or any operating systems which are not specified.
- Download Avast Pro Antivirus and run the setup file as an administrator.
- When the Avast Setup wizard appears, click Install for default installation or Customize for custom installation.
- If you purchased a license, click I have already bought a subscription and enter your activation code, otherwise, click Continue to stay in trial mode.
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition