Avast 2016: Resolving error message 'Package Broken' or 'Not a Valid Win32 Application' during Avast installation
How to resolve errors regarding Avast Antivirus setup file
When trying to run Avast 2016 installation, the error Package Broken or Not a Valid Win32 Application appears due to an incomplete download. The best solution is to try to download the setup file again.
If the same error appears, you can check the integrity of the Avast 2016 setup file you downloaded with the MD5 checksum utility, to find out if your file download is corrupted.
For more information about the MD5 please read the following article:
To verify that you have downloaded the whole Avast 2016 setup file which is not corrupted:
- Download your Avast 2016 setup file from the following links:
Avast Premier 2016 | Avast Internet Security 2016 | Avast Pro Antivirus 2016 | Avast Free Antivirus 2016 | Avast Uninstall Utility
...and save it to your computer in a location where you will easily be able to locate it, for example on your Windows Desktop.
- Once you have downloaded your setup file, you can compare its MD5 hash with the correct one using a third party MD5 checksum utility, for example:
Checking file integrity:
- Run the MD5 & SHA-1 Checksum Utility.
- Click the Browse button on the right,
...and open the Avast 2016 setup file which you have downloaded.
- Below is the correct MD5 hash of each setup file verified on our server. Copy the appropriate MD5 hash from the table below:
|Avast Premier 2016
|Avast Internet Security 2016
|Avast Pro Antivirus 2016
|Avast Free Antivirus 2016
|Avast Uninstall Utility
...paste it to the Hash field and click the Verify button.
- If a popup message indicates that the MD5 hash matches, then you have successfully downloaded the whole setup file and you can begin the installation of Avast 2016:
Otherwise, if the popup message indicates that the MD5 hash does not match, then please download your Avast 2016 setup file once again or try to download it on another computer.
- Avast Premier 2016
- Avast Internet Security 2016
- Avast Pro Antivirus 2016
- Avast Free Antivirus 2016
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition