Avast 2016: Software Updater - Getting Started
How to use Software Updater
Software Updater is a tool in Avast Antivirus which helps keep widely used third-party software up to date to eliminate potential security risks.
Using Software Updater
To update your third-party applications with Sofware Updater:
- Open the Avast user interface and go to Scan → Scan for outdated software.
- Click Update next to the application name indicated as out-of-date. You may be redirected to the vendor's webpage or another appropriate site to download the update.
- If you don't want to be reminded about updates for a particular application, click Ignore updates.
- In Avast Premier, you can opt to automatically download and install available updates by clicking Turn on.
Software Updater settings
Options available in the Software Updater settings differ depending on which edition of Avast Antivirus you have.
- Avast Premier 2016
- Avast Internet Security 2016
- Avast Pro Antivirus 2016
- Avast Free Antivirus 2016
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro /Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition