Avast Mac Security 2015: Creating and sending a support package
What is a support package?
Avast Mac Security has a built-in reporting tool for your Avast antivirus software. It gathers files and saves them as a "support package" to be sent to Avast as a reference for support representatives or Avast engineers.
Submitting a support package
If a support package has been requested by an Avast support representative, you can generate it from the Help section.
- Click the Avast Menu bar icon on the top-right of the screen and select Open Avast to open the Avast user interface,
...alternatively, open Finder, go to Applications, and double-click the Avast icon.
- In the Avast menu bar on the top-left of the screen, select Help → Avast Technical Support → Generate support package.
- Avast automatically gathers the files it needs for reference and analysis,
...and a screen appears where you can choose a file name and location for the support package.
- Visit our support portal support.avast.com to submit a new ticket, or reply to an existing ticket. Add the support package as an attachment.
If you are submitting a new ticket please be sure to include details of your issue.
- Avast Pro Mac Security 2015
- Avast Free Mac Security 2015
- Apple Mac OS X 10.11.x (El Capitan)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.10.x (Yosemite)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.9.x (Mavericks)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.8.x (Mountain Lion)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.7.x (Lion)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard, Intel based)