Avast Antivirus: Changing the language of the user interface
Change the language of the Avast user interface
Avast Antivirus supports several languages. To change the language of the user interface in Avast Antivirus, follow the steps in this article.
- Open the Avast user interface and click Settings.
Ensure the General tab is selected, and click Install additional languages.
If you have already installed your preferred language, open the drop-down list next to Language to access it.
Tick the box next to each language you want to install, then click OK.
If prompted by User Account control for permissions, click Yes (or Continue).
When the installation is complete, click Done.
Access the installed languages by navigating to Settings and selecting your preferred language from the drop-down list next to Language. Click OK to confirm.
If the new language is not immediately applied, close and reopen the Avast user interface.
- Avast Premier 17.x
- Avast Internet Security 17.x
- Avast Pro Antivirus 17.x
- Avast Free Antivirus 17.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition