Avast 2016: Upgrading from an older version of Avast Pro Antivirus
How to upgrade to Avast Pro Antivirus 2016 from an older version
If you are running an older version of Avast Pro Antivirus and the subscription is still valid, you can upgrade to Avast Pro Antivirus 2016 for free.
Before you begin please ensure that you are logged into Windows with administrator permissions and all other programs in Windows are closed.
- Right-click on the Avast icon in the system tray. In the context menu, scroll over Update and then select Program.
- The progress bar shows you the overall completion of the Program update.
- When the update is complete you are asked to restart your computer. Click Yes to reboot immediately.
- When the computer restarts an information screen appears about the new version.
Avast Pro Antivirus 2016 is then updated to the latest version. Your protection is valid for the remaining period of your subscription.
For instructions to activate your subscription, please read the following articles:
- Avast Pro Antivirus 2016
- Avast Pro Antivirus 2015
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition