Avast SecureLine VPN for Windows: Installing the standalone version
How to install Avast SecureLine VPN standalone
This article concerns only the installation of the standalone version of Avast SecureLine VPN for Windows. If you use Avast Antivirus, Avast SecureLine VPN is already installed as the Avast Antivirus component.
Before you begin installation of Avast SecureLine VPN, ensure that you are logged into Windows with administrator permissions, no other programs are running in Windows, and your antivirus protection is temporarily disabled (for instructions refer to your vendor's documentation).
- Windows 10 except Mobile and IoT Core Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 8/8.1 except RT and Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 7 SP1 or higher, any Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows Vista SP2 or higher, except Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows XP SP3, any Edition (32-bit)
- Windows fully compatible PC with Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 processor or above (must support SSE2 instructions)
- 256 MB RAM or above
- 100 MB free space on the hard disk
- Internet connection
Install Avast SecureLine VPN standalone
Proceed by following these steps:
- Download Avast SecureLine VPN setup file from the Avast website or from the download button below:
...and save the file
avast_secureline_setup.exe in a location where you can easily find it (for example, on your Windows Desktop).
- Run the downloaded setup file,
...and if prompted by the User Account Control, confirm permission to begin the installation process.
- Select your language and click OK. Click Next to continue in the Avast SecureLine VPN setup wizard.
- Tick I accept the agreement to confirm that you have read and accept the terms of the License Agreement. Then click Next to proceed.
- Click Browse... if you want to change the default installation folder. Then click Next to continue.
- Click Install to begin installation.
If prompted by the Windows Security dialog for permissions to install VPN Network Adapter from Sparklabs, click Install.
- Click Finish to complete installation.
Avast SecureLine VPN can be accessed from the shortcut icon on your Windows Desktop. To activate the SecureLine standalone version, read the following article:
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro /Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition)