Avast Antivirus: Upgrading from an older version of Avast Premier
How to upgrade to Avast Premier from an older version
If you are running an older version of Avast Premier and the subscription is still valid, you can upgrade your Avast Premier to the latest version.
Before you begin ensure that you are logged into Windows with administrator permissions and all other programs are closed.
- Right-click the Avast icon in the system tray. In the context menu, scroll over Update and then select Program.
- Click Restart now to reboot your PC immediately.
- When the PC restarts an information screen appears about the new version. Close this screen to complete the upgrade process.
Avast Premier is then updated to the latest version. Your protection is valid for the remaining period of your subscription.
For instructions to activate your subscription read the following articles:
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition