Avast 2016: Troubleshooting when Avast components malfunction
How to troubleshoot when program features in Avast no longer function
One or more Avast Antivirus program features (such as Real-time shields, Firewall, or other components) display status as STOPPED and cannot be started manually via the Avast user interface.
This is usually caused by limited or inconsistent permissions to write to disk, system folders, or Windows registry, which prevents Avast Setup from installing, updating, deleting, or overwriting some of its program files and/or registry entries. If any of these files/entries are corrupted or missing, it may result in the malfunction of Avast Antivirus or some of its features.
Before proceeding with the troubleshooting steps please ensure that you are logged into Windows as a user with administrator permissions, and all other programs in Windows are closed.
- Avast Premier 2016
- Avast Internet Security 2016
- Avast Pro Antivirus 2016
- Avast Free Antivirus 2016
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition