Avast SecureLine VPN for Android and iOS: FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
This article is about Avast SecureLine VPN installed on mobile devices. For information about Avast SecureLine VPN for Windows and Mac, read the following article:
Download and Installation
License and Activation
Settings and Usage
What is a VPN?
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) protects data you upload and download from the internet. It provides security for data sent from your device and anonymizes your internet activity.
What is Avast SecureLine VPN?
Avast SecureLine VPN is an application which allows you to connect to the internet via secure Avast VPN servers using an encrypted tunnel to protect your online activity from eavesdropping. Avast SecureLine VPN mainly offers:
- Protection: when many people connect to the same public network, attackers can capture sensitive data, such as logins and passwords. The encrypted VPN connection provides efficient protection against these types of attacks.
- Anonymization: with broadband connections, many people have fixed IP addresses which can be tracked when browsing sensitive sites. With a VPN connection, the browsing session is effectively anonymized - the IP address the remote server sees is the address of the VPN server, not the user.
- Unrestricted access to the internet: when connected to a VPN server in another location, you gain access to content that may be restricted in your location. This allows you to browse freely, even from countries with web censorship.
Which operating systems does SecureLine VPN support?
Avast SecureLine VPN is available for iOS 5.1 and later, and Android 4.0 and later.
How do I install SecureLine VPN?
How do I update to the latest version of SecureLine VPN?
How do I activate SecureLine VPN?
How do I know how long my license is valid for?
Can I use my SecureLine VPN license on multiple devices?
Yes. You can use your license on up to five devices.
You can only use your license on devices of the same platform. If you purchased a SecureLine VPN license for iOS, it is only valid on iOS devices, and an Android SecureLine VPN license is only valid on other Android devices.
What happens after my 7-day free trial ends?
After your 7-day free trial, Avast notifies you via email that your trial has expired. You can purchase a subscription to continue using SecureLine VPN.
How do I cancel my SecureLine VPN subscription?
If you no longer want to use Avast SecureLine VPN on your Android or iOS device, you need to cancel your subscription. Your subscription is not automatically cancelled when you uninstall the app from your device.
Your subscription is cancelled and will stop at the end of the current billing cycle.
How do I recover my license from a previous version of SecureLine VPN? (for Android users)
If you upgraded to Avast SecureLine 2.x and your license wasn't recovered automatically, you can enter your activation key from Avast SecureLine 1.x. If you don't know your activation key, and you use Android version 6.0 or later, follow these steps to restore your license:
- Ensure your Google Play account is configured on your device.
- Go to Settings → Apps → Avast SecureLine and tap Permissions.
- Tap the slider next to Contacts to change it from the OFF position to ON.
Once you open SecureLine VPN 2.x, your license is restored.
After enabling this permission and opening SecureLine VPN 2.x, you can disable the permission as it is no longer needed.
How do I adjust SecureLine VPN settings?
How do I know that VPN is active and working?
How do I change my location?
How do I configure SecureLine VPN to automatically connect?
Why is my Internet connection slower when I connect to SecureLine VPN?
You may experience a slower Internet connection when using SecureLine VPN. A VPN encrypts traffic and data before sending it to a server. Depending on the distance and capacity of the server, this process may cause a slightly slower, but safer, internet connection.
Why do Gmail and Live Mail send me suspicious activity alerts when I connect to SecureLine VPN?
If you select a different location when you connect to the internet via SecureLine VPN, Gmail and Live Mail may detect this change. You may receive an email reporting suspicious activity, and will be asked to change your password if you think someone in a different location has accessed your email. Verify the VPN location you selected to ensure your security.
- iOS 5.1 and higher
- Android 4.0 and higher