Avast Antivirus: Managing your Avast email signature settings
How to enable or disable Avast email signatures
If you use an email client (such as Outlook or Mozilla Thunderbird), Avast may include an email signature at the bottom of your outgoing emails to let your recipients know if the email contains a virus or not.
This setting is enabled by default. You can manage your Avast email signature settings in the following ways:
Disable the Avast email signature for outgoing emails
To disable the Avast email signature in messages you send:
- Open the Avast user interface, and click Settings .
- In the General section, untick Enable Avast email signature.
- Click OK to save your preference. The setting is changed and your outgoing emails will no longer include a note from Avast. You can re-enable this setting at any time.
Enable or disable the Avast signature for incoming and outgoing emails
You can enable or disable the Avast email signature in emails you send and receive in your Mail Shield settings. To access these settings:
- Open the Avast user interface, and click Settings.
- Select Active Protection from the left panel, and click Customize next to Mail Shield.
- Select Behavior in the Mail Shield Settings window that appears, and tick/untick the boxes under General according to your preferences (settings related to your outgoing mail are enabled by default).
- Click OK to save your changes. Your preferences are set and will be reflected in future emails that you send or receive.
- Avast Premier 12.x
- Avast Internet Security 12.x
- Avast Pro Antivirus 12.x
- Avast Free Antivirus 12.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro /Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition