Avast 2015: Installing Avast Internet Security
How to Install Avast Internet Security 2015
Before you begin make sure you are logged into Windows with administrator permissions, no other programs are running in Windows, and any other antivirus software is fully uninstalled.
- Windows 10 except Mobile and IoT Core Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 8.1 except RT and Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 8 except RT and Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 7 SP1 or higher, any Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows Vista SP2 or higher, except Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows XP SP2 or higher, any Edition.
- Windows fully compatible PC with Intel Pentium III processor or above.
- 128 MB RAM or above.
- 2 GB free space on the hard disk.
- Internet connection is needed to download, activate and maintain updates of the program and antivirus database.
- Optimally standard screen resolution not less than 1024 x 768 pixels is recommended.
- Avast Internet Security 2015 is not supported on Microsoft Windows Server operating systems, or any operating systems which are not specified.
- Download Avast Internet Security 2015 from the Avast website.
- Right-click the downloaded setup file avast_internet_security_setup_online.exe and choose Run as administrator.
- The Avast Setup wizard appears. Choose your license type and the setup mode.
- Select Regular installation for quicker setup with default options.
- Select Custom installation to select the location of program files, and choose program components and languages on the following screens.
- Confirm all selections until the installation progress bar appears. When installation is complete, click Restart computer.
- When a network is detected, select a firewall mode.
- Select Private if your computer is connected to a home or private network.
- Select Public if connected to a public or shared network.
Avast Internet Security 2015 is now installed on your computer and ready to use. The Avast user interface is accessible via the orange ball icon in your system tray or orange shortcut icon on your Windows Desktop.
If you installed a trial version, you must purchase and activate a subscription within 30 days of installation to continue your protection.
Please follow the detailed steps below to install Avast Internet Security 2015 on your computer.
- Firstly download the online installer for Avast Internet Security 2015 by clicking the button below: ...and save it to your computer (for example on your Windows Desktop).
- Right-click the downloaded setup file avast_internet_security_setup_online.exe, choose Run as administrator from the context menu, ...and if prompted by the User Account Control dialog for permissions, click Yes (or Continue).
- The Avast Setup wizard will appear. You can select your preferred language in the top right corner. Before continuing please read the End User License Agreement.
- If you selected I've already bought a product you'll now activate your subscription for Avast Internet Security 2015. (If you are installing a 30 day trial, skip this step.) There are two possible activation methods:
- If you have received an activation code for your product, enter (or copy/paste) it in the form.
To successfully use your activation code you must be connected to the Internet.
- You may also use a license file instead of an activation code.
- Locate the file License.avastlic attached to the order confirmation e-mail sent after purchase. Save it to your computer, for example on your Windows Desktop.
- Back in the Avast Setup wizard, click the option Insert license file. Enter the file path or click Browse... ...locate and select the file License.avastlic where it is saved, ...and click Open.
- Select Regular installation to proceed with the default installation of Avast Internet Security 2015.
- Select Custom installation to select a destination for program files and program components to install. (If you are installing a 30 day trial, skip the next step.)
- Enter the file path to the location where you want to install Avast Internet Security 2015, or click Browse... and locate the installation folder on your computer. Then click Continue.
- Choose from the available program components and features for Avast Internet Security 2015. Use the checkboxes to select or deselect which components to install and click Continue.
Program components represented by a question mark (?) are not available for your edition.
- Check your setup configuration before proceeding. Click Back to change any options selected; otherwise click Continue.
- The Avast Setup wizard then creates a system restore point and installs the program. It may take a few minutes to complete.
- Once the installation is successfully completed, you'll need to restart the computer. Click Restart computer to do so immediately, or you can choose to Restart later.
- If a network is detected by Avast Internet Security 2015, select a firewall mode:
- Private - Suitable when connected to a home or work network, including direct connections to the Internet. This setting enables authorized incoming and outgoing communication. Optionally, check the box Friendly network to allow all communication with the present network as defined in the firewall settings.
- Public - Suitable when connected to a public network. This is the most secure setting and does not allow incoming communication, so your computer is not accessible to others on the network. Recommended when connecting to the Internet in cafes, airports or other public places.
Avast Internet Security 2015 is now installed on your computer. The Avast user interface is accessible via the orange ball icon in your system tray or orange shortcut icon on your Windows Desktop.
If you have selected to Install 30-Day Trial you must purchase and activate a subscription during that period to continue to use the product and remain protected. For more information and detailed step-by-step instructions please read the following article:
- Avast Internet Security 2015
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition