Avast 2015: Upgrading from an older version of Avast Internet Security
How to upgrade from an older version of Avast Internet Security to Avast Internet Security 2015?
If you are running an older version of Avast Internet Security and the subscription isn't expired yet, you can upgrade to Avast Internet Security 2015.
Before you begin please ensure that you are logged into Windows as an Administrator or as a user with administrator permissions, and all other programs in Windows are closed.
- Right-click on the Avast orange ball icon in the system tray, select Update from the menu and then click Program.
- The Update screen in the Avast user interface shows you the overall progress of the Program update.
- When it's done, you are asked to restart your computer. Click Yes to reboot immediately.
- Once the computer is restarted, an information about update may appear.
The latest version of Avast Internet Security 2015 is then installed on your computer. Your protection will be valid for the remaining period of your subscription.
If you have not yet activated your subscription, please visit this article: Avast 2015: Inserting the license file into Avast Internet Security
- Avast Internet Security 2015
- Avast Internet Security 2014
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition