Avast Antivirus: Installing Avast Premier
How to Install Avast Premier
Before you begin installing Avast Premier, ensure you are logged into Windows with administrator permissions, no other programs are running in Windows, and any other antivirus software is fully uninstalled.
- Windows 10 except Mobile and IoT Core Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 8.1 except RT and Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 8 except RT
and Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 7 SP1 or higher, any Edition (32 or 64-bit);
Windows Vista SP2 or higher, except Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows XP SP3, any
- Windows fully compatible PC with Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 processor or above
(must support SSE2 instructions)
- 256 MB RAM or above
- 2 GB free space on the hard disk
- Internet connection is needed to download, activate and maintain updates of the program and antivirus database.
- Optimally standard screen resolution not less than 800 x 600 pixels is recommended.
- Avast Premier is not supported on Microsoft Windows Server operating systems, or any operating systems which are not specified.
- Download Avast Premier and run the setup file as an administrator.
- When the Avast Setup wizard appears, select Install for default installation or Customize for custom installation.
- If you purchased a license, click I have already bought a subscription and enter your activation code, otherwise, click Continue to stay in trial mode.
- When a network is detected, select a Firewall mode (Private or Public).
To install Avast Premier on your PC, follow these steps:
- Download the offline installer for Avast Premier by clicking the button below...
...and save it to a familiar location on your PC (for example, your Windows desktop).
- Right-click the downloaded setup file
avast_premier_antivirus_setup_offline.exe and select Run as administrator from the context menu.
- When prompted by the User Account Control dialog for permissions, click Yes.
- Click Install to proceed with default installation.
- Select Customize to proceed with custom installation.
- Click Change to manually select the location to save Avast Premier program files, then select or deselect program components to install, and click Install.
- Click I have already bought this product if you purchased a license, or click Continue if you are installing a 30-day trial.
- Type (or copy/paste) your activation code into the text box, then click Continue.
- If prompted to install Avast Free Mobile Security, click the relevant option according to your preference.
- When a network is detected, use the slider to select a Firewall mode:
...then click OK.
- Private: if you trust the network (for example, your home network).
- Public: if the network is publicly shared (for example, the network at a cafe or airport)
Avast Premier is now installed on your PC and ready to use. The Avast user interface is accessible via the Avast icon in your system tray or the Avast icon on your Windows desktop.
If you did not activate Avast Premier during installation, refer to the following article for instructions:
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition