Avast SecureLine VPN standalone: Installation
How to install Avast SecureLine VPN standalone
If you have Avast Antivirus installed on your computer, you can use the built-in version of Avast SecureLine VPN. In this case no installation is needed, you just need to activate the component. For more information, please read the following article:
The following system requirements are recommended in order to install and run Avast SecureLine VPN on your Windows computer:
- Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3
- Microsoft Windows Vista (any Edition except Starter Edition)
- Microsoft Windows 7 (any Edition)
- Microsoft Windows 8 / 8.1 (any Edition except RT or Starter)
- Microsoft Windows 10 (any Edition except RT or Starter)
- Microsoft NET Framework 3.5 or higher installed
Before you begin the installation of Avast SecureLine VPN please ensure that you are logged into Windows as a user with administrator permissions, all other programs in Windows are closed, and your antivirus protection is temporarily disabled (for instructions refer to your vendor's documentation).
- Download Avast SecureLine VPN setup file from the Avast website.
- Run the downloaded setup file avast_secureline_setup.exe.
- Select your language and click OK. The Avast SecureLine VPN setup wizard appears. Click Next to continue.
- Confirm the License Agreement and click Next.
- On the following screen click Browse... to specify the installation folder. Click Next.
- Click Install to begin installation.
- Click Finish to complete installation and exit the setup wizard.
Avast SecureLine VPN can be accessed as needed from the shortcut icon on your Windows Desktop, or the icon in your system tray.
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro /Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition)