Avast 2015: Installing Avast Premier
How to Install Avast Premier 2015
Before you begin make sure you are logged into Windows with administrator permissions, no other programs are running in Windows, and any other antivirus software is fully uninstalled.
- Windows 8.1 except RT and Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit)
Windows 8 except RT and Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit)
Windows 7 SP1 or higher, any Edition (32 or 64-bit)
Windows Vista SP2 or higher, except Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit)
Windows XP SP2, any Edition
- Windows fully compatible PC with Intel Pentium III processor or above
- 128 MB RAM or above
- 2 GB free space on the hard disk
- Internet connection is needed to download, activate and maintain updates of the program and antivirus database.
- Optimally standard screen resolution not less than 1024 x 768 pixels is recommended.
- Avast Premier 2015 is not supported on Microsoft Windows Server operating systems, or any operating systems which are not specified.
- Firstly download Avast Premier 2015 from the Avast website and save it to your computer (for example on your Windows Desktop).
- Right-click the downloaded setup file avast_premier_antivirus_setup_online.exe and choose Run as administrator from the context menu.
If prompted by User Account Control dialog for permissions, click Yes (or Continue).
- The Avast Setup wizard will appear. Choose your license type and...
- Select Regular installation for quicker setup with default options.
- Select Custom installation to specify the location to install program files, and choose specific program components and languages on the following screens.
- Read privacy information and then click Continue.
- The Avast Setup wizard then creates a system restore point and shows installation progress. It may take a few minutes to complete the installation.
- Once the installation is completed, you must restart your computer. Click Restart computer to do so now.
- When a network is detected by Avast Premier 2015, select a firewall mode.
- Select Private if your computer is connected to a home or private network.
- Select Public if connected to a public or shared network.
Avast Premier 2015 is now installed on your computer and ready to use. The Avast user interface is accessible via the orange ball icon in your system tray or orange shortcut icon on your Windows Desktop.
If you installed a trial version, you must purchase and activate a subscription within 30 days of installation to continue your protection.
Please follow the detailed steps below to install Avast Premier 2015 on your computer.
- Firstly download the online installer for Avast Premier 2015 by clicking the button below:
...and save it to your computer (for example on your Windows Desktop).
- Right-click the downloaded setup file avast_premier_antivirus_setup_online.exe, choose Run as administrator from the context menu,
...and if prompted by the User Account Control dialog for permissions, click Yes (or Continue).
- The Avast Setup wizard will appear. You can select your preferred language in the top right corner.
Before continuing please read the End User License Agreement.
- Select Regular installation to proceed with the default installation of Avast Premier 2015.
(If you are installing a 30 day trial, skip the next step.)
- Select Custom installation to select a destination for program files and program components to install.
(If you are installing a 30 day trial, skip the next step.)
- If you selected I've already bought a product you'll now activate your subscription for Avast Premier 2015.
There are two possible activation methods:
When you've completed the appropriate activation method click Continue. The product will be activated for the remaining duration of the license period after installation is complete.
- If you have received an activation code for your product, enter (or copy/paste) it in the form and click Continue.
To successfully use your activation code you must be connected to the Internet.
- In some cases you will receive a license file instead of the activation code. Click the option Or do you have a license file? Click here.
Locate the file License.avastlic (attached to the order confirmation e-mail sent after purchase) and save it to your computer (for example on your Windows Desktop).
Back in the Avast Setup wizard, enter the file path or click Browse... to locate the file License.avastlic where it is saved,
...and click Open.
- Enter the file path to the location where you want to install Avast Premier 2015, or click Browse... and locate the installation folder on your computer. Then click Continue.
- Choose from the available program components and features for Avast Premier 2015. Use the checkboxes to select or deselect which components to install and click Continue.
Program components represented by a question mark (?) are not available for your edition.
- Check your setup configuration before proceeding. Click Back to change any options selected; otherwise click Continue.
- The Avast Setup wizard then creates a system restore point and installs the program. It may take a few minutes to complete.
- Once the installation is successfully completed, you'll need to restart the computer. Click Restart computer to do so immediately, or you can choose to Restart later.
- If a network is detected by Avast Premier 2015, select a firewall mode:
- Private - Suitable when connected to a home or work network, including direct connections to the Internet. This setting enables authorized incoming and outgoing communication. Optionally, check the box Friendly network to allow all communication with the present network as defined in the firewall settings.
- Public - Suitable when connected to a public network. This is the most secure setting and does not allow incoming communication, so your computer is not accessible to others on the network. Recommended when connecting to the Internet in cafes, airports or other public places.
Avast Premier 2015 is now installed on your computer. The Avast user interface is accessible via the orange ball icon in your system tray or orange shortcut icon on your Windows Desktop.
If you have selected to Install 30-Day Trial you must purchase and activate a subscription during that period to continue to use the product and remain protected. For more information and detailed step-by-step instructions please read the following article:
- Avast Premier 2015
- Avast Internet Security 2015
- Avast Pro Antivirus 2015
- Avast Free Antivirus 2015
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate