Avast Mac Security 2015: Uninstalling Avast Antivirus for Mac
Avast Mac Security 2015: How to uninstall
Uninstallation of Avast Mac Security must be carried out from the application's Menu bar, or alternatively the setup file. Simply deleting or moving Avast to the Trash will not
completely remove the program.
- Open the Avast user interface, click Avast in the Menu bar on the top-left of the screen, and select Uninstall Avast.
- If asked for authentication, enter the administrator Name and Password.
- When the uninstallation is finished click Quit and Avast Mac Security is then completely removed from your Mac.
If you want to uninstall Avast Mac Security please follow these steps:
- Click the Avast Menu bar icon on the top-right of the
screen and select Open Avast to open the Avast user interface,
...alternatively, open Finder, go to Applications, and double-click the Avast icon.
- Then click Avast in the Menu bar on the top-left of the screen, select Uninstall Avast,
...and when asked to confirm the uninstallation, click Uninstall.
- If asked for authentication, enter the administrator Name with Password for your Mac and click OK to proceed with the uninstallation of Avast Mac Security.
If a message appears to notify you that Online Security Extensions cannot be uninstalled when browsers are running, you must quit each browser listed.
After closing any open browsers, the uninstallation can finish and Avast Mac Security is then completely removed from your Mac.
- To remove Avast Mac Security via the uninstall wizard, first download the Setup File
avast_free_mac_security.dmg from the button below:
- Open the file and select Uninstall Avast.
- Confirm that you want to uninstall,
...and enter your administrator password.
- When uninstallation is complete you can quit setup.
- Avast Pro Mac Security 2015
- Avast Free Mac Security 2015
- Apple Mac OS X 10.10.x (Yosemite, Intel-based)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.9.x (Mavericks, Intel-based)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.8.x (Mountain Lion, Intel-based)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.7.x (Lion, Intel-based)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard, Intel-based)