Avast Endpoint Protection: Activating the license file in Avast Small Office Administration
Activating the license file in Avast Small Office Administration
After purchasing Avast Endpoint Protection an order confirmation e-mail is sent with your license file attached to the e-mail address entered in the purchase form.
The following instructions assume that Avast Small Office Administration is already installed on your machine.
How to insert the license file in Avast Small Office Administration
To insert the license file
License.avastlic into Avast Small Office Administration:
- Open the e-mail containing your license file and save the attached file License.avastlic on your computer. The method varies depending on your mail client software, e.g. right-click on the file and select Save as, or select the option Download attachments, etc.
We recommend to save the file on your Windows Desktop so you can easily find it later.
- Double-click the Avast Small Office Administration desktop icon to open the user interface in your browser.
- Enter your Username and Password. The default username is admin, and the password is the same that you created during installation of Avast Small Office Administration. Click OK to log on.
- Click the ADMIN tab in the left pane and select Subscription in the submenu. YOUR SUBSCRIPTION screen appears. Click Insert license file.
- Locate the file License.avastlic where you saved it in step 1, and click Open.
- Click Yes to restart the service and activate the license.
A dialog notifies you that Server restart is in progress.
- Enter your Username and Password and click OK.
- On the YOUR SUBSCRIPTION screen, check that Subscription status is ACTIVE and that Subscription information displayed is correct.
Avast Small Office Administration is then activated for the remaining duration of the license.
Avast Small Office Administration is available for a free 30-day demo period. After the demo period you must purchase the license to continue using the product.
- Avast Small Office Administration
- Avast Endpoint Protection
- Avast Endpoint Protection Plus
- Avast Endpoint Protection Suite
- Avast Endpoint Protection Suite Plus
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (Any Edition, incl. Small Business Server)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (Any Edition, incl. Small Business Server, except Server Core)
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2011