Avast Antivirus: Installing Avast Internet Security
How to Install Avast Internet Security
Before you begin installing Avast Internet Security, ensure you are logged into Windows with administrator permissions, no other programs are running in Windows, and any other antivirus software is fully uninstalled.
- Windows 10 except Mobile and IoT Core Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 8/8.1 except RT and Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 7 SP1 or higher, any Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows Vista SP2 or higher, except Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows XP SP3, any Edition (32-bit)
- Windows fully compatible PC with Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 processor or above (must support SSE2 instructions)
- 256 MB RAM or above
- 2 GB free space on the hard disk
- Internet connection is needed to download, activate, and maintain updates of the program and antivirus database.
- Optimally standard screen resolution not less than 800 x 600 pixels is recommended.
- Avast Internet Security is not supported on Microsoft Windows Server operating systems, or any operating systems which are not specified.
- Download Avast Internet Security and run the setup file as an administrator.
- When the Avast Setup wizard appears, click Install for default installation or Customize for custom installation.
- If you purchased a license, click I have already bought a subscription and enter your activation code, otherwise, click Continue to stay in trial mode.
- When a network is detected, select a Firewall mode (Private or Public).
To install Avast Internet Security on your PC, follow these steps:
- Download the offline installer for Avast Internet Security by clicking the button below:
...and save it to a familiar location on your PC (for example, your Windows desktop).
- Right-click the downloaded setup file
avast_internet_security_setup_offline.exe and select Run as administrator from the context menu.
- When prompted by the User Account Control dialog for permissions, click Yes (or Continue).
- Click Install to proceed with default installation.
- Select Customize to proceed with custom installation.
- Click Change to manually select the location to save Avast Internet Security program files, then select or deselect program components to install, and click Install.
- Click I have already bought this product if you purchased a license (or click Continue if you are installing a 30-day trial or want to activate your product later).
- Type (or copy/paste) your activation code into the text box, then click Continue.
- If prompted to install Avast Free Mobile Security, click the relevant option according to your preference.
- When a network is detected, use the slider to select a Firewall mode:
...then click OK.
- Private: if you trust the network (for example, your home network).
- Public: if the network is publicly shared (for example, the network at a cafe or airport).
Avast Internet Security is now installed on your PC and ready to use. The Avast user interface is accessible via the Avast system tray icon on your Windows taskbar or the Avast icon on your Windows desktop.
If you did not activate Avast Internet Security during installation, refer to the following articles for instructions:
- Avast Internet Security 17.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 2, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition - Service Pack 3, 32-bit