Avast Antivirus: Resetting Software Updater
How to reset the database of the Software Updater
The Software Updater helps keep commonly used third party software up to date to eliminate potential security risks. Malicious threats or attackers often use leaks in outdated software to access your PC. This feature displays the most popular programs installed on your PC and allows you to easily update them.
If the Software Updater doesn't work as expected, for example if any application update goes wrong, or invalid application status/version is shown, you can try to reset the internal database of the Software Updater to the default values.
Reset the database of the Software Updater
Follow these steps to reset the internal database of the Software Updater:
- Open the Avast user interface and select Settings.
- Select Components and click Customize next to Software Updater.
- Click the down arrow to expand the Database reset (troubleshooting) panel, and click the Reset database now button.
- Avast Premier 17.x
- Avast Internet Security 17.x
- Avast Pro Antivirus 17.x
- Avast Free Antivirus 17.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 2, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition - Service Pack 3, 32-bit