Avast Endpoint Protection: Installing Avast Small Office Administration
Introduction to Avast Small Office Administration
Avast Small Office Administration is a desktop console which manages Avast Endpoint Protection clients.
Avast Small Office Administration is suitable for simple computer networks with up to 200 computers and/or servers. It is simple to use and has one-level grouping of Avast Endpoint Protection clients (managed clients).
Key features include:
- Discovery of new and unsecured machines on the company network
- Remote deployment and management of Avast Endpoint Protection clients (managed clients)
- Incremental updates on networked computers and/or servers, even in multiple domains
- Real-time, customizable alerts about activity on the company network
- Scan scheduling
- Microsoft Windows XP any Edition with Service Pack 3
Microsoft Windows Vista any Edition with latest Service Pack, 32- or 64-bit, excl. Starter Edition
Microsoft Windows 7 any Edition with latest Service Pack, 32- or 64-bit
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 any Edition with latest Service Pack, 32- or 64-bit, incl. Small Business Server
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 any Edition with latest Service Pack, 32- or 64-bit, incl. Small Business Server
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 any Edition with latest Service Pack, 32- or 64-bit, incl. Small Business Server, excl. Server Core
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 any Edition with latest Service Pack, 32- or 64-bit, incl. Small Business Server, excl. Server Core
Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2011
- Silverlight 5 enabled web browser (Internet Explorer 6.x and higher or compatible alternatives)
- Internet connection to download, register, and update the product
- Domain network or Windows workgroup membership
- Valid and reachable SMTP Server
- Intel Pentium III compatible processor or above (depending on requirements of installed operating system version and other 3rd party software installed)
- 1 GB RAM or above (depending on requirements of installed operating system version and other 3rd party software installed)
- 900 MB of free hard disk space
- Optimally standard screen resolution not less than 1024 x 768 pixels
- Avast Small Office Administration is not supported (is not compatible, cannot be installed and does not run) on DOS, Microsoft Windows 3.x, Microsoft Windows NT 3.x, Microsoft Windows NT 4.0, Microsoft Windows 95, Microsoft Windows 98, Microsoft Windows ME, Microsoft Windows 2000, or any other operating system which is not specified as supported.
- Other 3rd party prerequisites are installed automatically during the setup if they are not present. These are Microsoft .NET Framework 4, Microsoft Silverlight 5 and other dependencies like Microsoft Windows Installer, etc.
Overview: How to install Avast Small Office Administration
Before you begin to install Avast Small Office Administration, ensure that:
- You are logged in to Windows with administrator permissions.
- Your machine is connected to the Internet and the network connection is working properly.
- All other programs in Windows are closed.
- Your previous antivirus software is fully uninstalled.
When all requirements are met, follow these steps:
- Download Setup File
- Prerequisites Setup
- Avast Small Office Administration Setup
Download Setup file
Download the Avast Enterprise Administration setup file from the Avast website for the appropriate edition of Avast Endpoint Protection:
...and save it to your computer (for example on your Windows Desktop).
- Right-click the downloaded setup file
setup_console_....exe, choose Run as administrator from the context menu,
...and if prompted by the User Account Control dialog for permissions, click Yes (or Continue).
The installation files are copied to your machine.
- The Avast Small Office Administration Setup wizard appears. Select your preferred language and click OK.
- The setup wizard automatically checks the Prerequisites to install and run Avast Small Office Administration. If supplementary software is missing, click Next to select components to install.
- Prerequisites applicable to your system are selected automatically. To change the selection, tick or untick the checkboxes next to items in the list. Click Next to install selected components.
The Avast Small Office Administration Setup Wizard displays installation progress.
You may be prompted to confirm the license agreement to complete installation of supplementary software, for example Microsoft .NET Framework
and Microsoft Silverlight
If prompted to restart the machine, click Restart Now
. This prevents Avast Small Office Administration
installation from being aborted unexpectedly later.
When the machine restarts, the setup wizard launches itself automatically.
Avast Small Office Administration Setup
- When the prerequisites are installed and the machine is restarted, or if no prerequisites were missing, the Avast Small Office Administration Setup wizard is displayed. Click Next to continue installation. Click Quick Guide for more information about Avast Small Office Administration.
- Confirm the terms of the End-User License Agreement by selecting the option I accept the terms in the License Agreement. Click Next to proceed.
- Select the appropriate license option:
Click Next to continue.
- Insert license file - If you already purchased a license for Avast Endpoint Protection, save the license file License.avastlic (attached to the confirmation e-mail sent after purchase) to your computer. For example, on your Windows Desktop.
Enter the file path the folder where you saved it,
...or click Browse... to browse for the appropriate folder.
- Request demo license (Requires Internet connection) - Download a temporary demo license during installation.
During the 30 day demo period you need to purchase and insert a valid license file to continue to use the product. For details to insert the license file, read the following article:
- Select the appropriate setup type:
- Recommended (see Preferred Method below) - Express installation using the default setup configuration.
- Expert (see Alternative Method below) - Advanced installation allowing custom setup configuration.
Avast Small Office Administration is then installed on your machine. Double-click the shortcut icon on your Windows Desktop to open it in your web browser, or use the web address linked in the final step of setup.
Use the link for Secure encrypted connection while accessing Avast Small Office Administration from WAN (e.g. the Internet) or from untrusted LAN. When accessing from trusted LAN or from the hosting server itself, use the link for Standard unencrypted connection.
- Avast Small Office Administration
- Avast Endpoint Protection
- Avast Endpoint Protection Plus
- Avast Endpoint Protection Suite
- Avast Endpoint Protection Suite Plus
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (Any Edition, incl. Small Business Server)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (Any Edition, incl. Small Business Server, except Server Core)
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2011