How do I remove Conduit toolbar?
Conduit Engine allows you to add apps directly to your browser without a community toolbar. It offers you a distribution option for Conduit-powered offerings, and is often bundled with third-party software. Conduit Engine changes your browser homepage and default search engine without your permission. It also adds a toolbar to your browser so that the first search results will always be their own ads. While Conduit isn't malware, most industry experts consider it an unwanted program that should be removed.
In some cases, a ‟bad” add-on can’t be removed directly via the browser menu, because removal is blocked by an add-on protector. Avast Browser Cleanup will let you know if this is the case, and help you through the process.
How do I recognize that a Conduit add-on has been installed on my browser?
Note: There are several types of Conduit toolbars available. These Conduit add-ons have a (very) poor rating in the Avast Browser Cleanup tool.
AAutomatic removal (for beginners)
- Make sure you have Avast Browser Cleanup.
- Install it.
- And voila. Clean your browser with a single click.
BManual Removal (for the more experienced)
Chrome browser (v43)
- Start your Chrome browser via the program folder or the program icon on your desktop.
- Go to the browser menu in the top right corner and select ‟Settings.”
- Select ‟Extensions.” Alternatively, you can open the URL chrome://extensions directly via the browser bar.
- Once there, you should find the add-on ‟Conduit” add-on in the extensions list.
- To remove it, simply click on the recycle bin on the right.
- Confirm removal in the dialog box by clicking ‟Remove.”
- That’s it. The deleted extension should no longer be listed.
Firefox browser (v38)
- Start your Firefox browser via the program folder or the program icon on your desktop.
- Go to the browser menu in the top right corner and select ‟Add-ons.”
- Select ‟Extensions.” Alternatively, you can open the URL about:addons directly via the browser bar.
- Once there, you should find the ‟Conduit” add-on in the extensions list.
- To remove them, just click ‟Remove” on the right.
- Depending on the toolbar version, an additional Conduit uninstall dialog box may be displayed. Click ‟Revert” to reset Firefox search settings.
- Finally, confirm removal by clicking ‟Restart now” in the extensions list.
- After the browser restarts, the deleted extension should no longer be listed.
Internet Explorer browser (v9+)
Note: In Internet Explorer, installed add-ons can be disabled, but not completely removed. For complete removal use a removal tool like Avast Browser Cleanup.
- Start your Internet Explorer browser via the program folder or the program icon on your desktop.
- Go to the browser menu in the top right corner and select ‟Manage add-ons.”
- In the ‟Toolbars & Extensions” section, find the ‟Conduit Toolbar” add-ons.
- Select those add-ons in the extension list.
- To disable the add-ons, click ‟Disable all” in the bottom right corner.
- That’s it. The disabled extensions should no longer be listed in your browser.