Protect your Windows 8 PC with Avast Free Antivirus
Antivirus with more than 435 million users protects Windows 8 PCs
Get the most out of Windows 8
Use Avast to get great performance from your Windows 8 PC. Not only is there almost no impact on your PC's speed, but you can hurry things up even further with advanced features like Cleanup and Browser Cleanup.
Protect your Windows 8 PC against malware
AV Comparatives has successfully tested Avast against malware on Windows 8 and showed it provided 100% protection against 0-day malware attacks.
Approved antivirus for Windows 8
Avast is Windows 8's official consumer security software provider – yet another reason why more than 435 million users trust Avast.
Avast Antivirus is compatible with Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP SP3
Avast also offers you security solutions for your Android and Mac
The people have spoken
How to install Avast Antivirus for Windows 8
It’s easy to start protecting your PC or laptop against viruses and malware with the latest version of Avast antivirus for Windows 8.
Just follow these easy steps:
- Download the installer by clicking here.
- Right-click the installer and click “run as administrator”.
- Click “Install”.
- When the progress bar vanishes, your device is protected.
And that's it! Your device is now secure.
Does Windows 8 need an antivirus?
How do you check for viruses on Windows 8?
How do I enable antivirus on Windows 8?
- Download the antivirus software of your choice
- Double-click the file when it’s finished downloading
- Run the installation wizard and follow the instructions
- Once the installation wizard is complete, open the newly-installed app