Uninstalling a third-party antivirus software
Uninstalling third-party antivirus software
Before installing Avast Antivirus software on your computer, please verify that there is no other antivirus software installed, including expired or trial versions.
When multiple antivirus programs are running on the same computer, conflicts such as false positive detections, performance degradation and system instability often occur. Therefore it is strongly recommended to remove all other antivirus applications before installing Avast on your computer.
The following list has links to the uninstall instructions for common antivirus programs distributed by other vendors.
Most vendors offer special removal tools to uninstall their antivirus software completely from the system. This is the preferred method because uninstalling from Windows Control Panel can leave behind files which prevent Avast from correctly installing.
- All Avast antivirus solutions
- All third-party antivirus solutions
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro /Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows XP SP3 Home / Professional / Media Center Edition
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2011
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (Any Edition, incl. Small Business Server, except Server Core)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (Any Edition, incl. Small Business Server)