Avast Driver Updater
Scan, update, and fix all your PC’s drivers to keep your computer and its accessories running smoothly.
Automatically scans over 8 million drivers for peak PC performance
Fewer device problems
Driver Updater detects old, corrupt, missing, or outdated drivers, fixes bugs and vulnerabilities, and backs up and restores current drivers.
70% less crashing and freezing
Faulty and old drivers are the top cause of crashes, freezes, and bluescreens. Driver Updater finds the latest driver versions for max stability and fewer bugs, connection problems, mouse or printer issues, and more.
Quickly fix sound, printer, and network issues
No sound coming from your speakers? Wi-Fi constantly dropping? Printer suddenly not working? Driver Updater eliminates these interruptions.
All-new design and engine
Our redesigned interface makes it simple to scan and install drivers in just a few clicks, while our new driver engine scans in real-time to make sure you have the latest drivers. Drivers are installed one at a time to avoid hardware conflicts.
Seamlessly install drivers from more than 1,300 major brands
Our one-click scan makes it easy to find the drivers you need for your printer, scanner, camera, speakers, keyboard, router, and other devices.
Do you really need a driver updater?
Why choose Avast Driver Updater?
How do I check for driver updates?
- Open up your start menu
- Type “Device Manager”. Click Device Manager.
- Here you’ll see a list of all the different device categories on your device. Click the arrow next to one category to see all the devices.
- Right-click the device and click Update Driver.
- On the next screen, you’ll want to click Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Repeat steps 1-5 for every device and driver on your PC.
Can updating drivers cause any problems?
- You try to update a driver manually and you don’t know what you’re doing. This is particularly likely if you try to manually update a driver with the wrong update, circumventing Microsoft’s own automatic driver search detailed in question three.
- If the manufacturer of the driver accidentally released a flawed update for their driver that introduces more problems than it fixes, or has other unforeseen bugs and incompatibilities. Fortunately, Avast Driver Updater can help in both of these instances: our automatic scans and updates prevent any human error, and our unique driver rollback feature allows us to quickly undo any driver updates that are problematic, bringing you back to an older, more stable version of the driver.
Does updating drivers increase FPS?
So while Avast Driver Updater can help, if you really want to improve your FPS, we suggest overclocking your GPU.
Loaded with features
Windows 10, except Mobile and IoT Core Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 8/8.1 except RT and Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 7 SP1 or higher, any Edition (32 or 64-bit)
A Windows fully compatible PC with Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 processor or above (must support SSE2 instructions)
256 MB RAM or above
400 MB free space on the hard disk
An internet connection is needed to download and install the program
Optimal standard screen resolution no less than 1024 x 768 pixels is recommended
Keep your devices running smoothly with our expert tips
Looking to update your device drivers for your Windows PC? Find out how to update automatically, how to update individual drivers, or manually install updates.
Any PC user should check for new graphics drivers once a month to boost speed and get more features for free. Here’s why and how.
Keep your pictures, games, and videos looking their best. We'll show you how to update the graphics driver on your Windows PC, step by step.
Do you regularly update your audio drivers? Learn how to keep your audio drivers updated for the best possible sound on your Windows PC.
We've shortlisted the best driver updater software available for Windows, including both free and paid options.
Formatting your hard drive is recommended if you're selling your computer or setting up an external drive. Learn how to format a hard drive on a PC or Mac.
Experiencing lag while gaming? Find out how to optimize your Windows PC for gaming and increase FPS to boost overall gaming performance.
Temporary files taking up space? Find out how to access and delete temporary files in Windows 10, 8 & 7 via Windows Temp folder and Disk Cleanup.