Avast Antivirus: Managing HTTPS scanning in Web Shield
How to enable or disable HTTPS scanning in Web Shield
HTTPS scanning is a component of Web Shield in Avast Antivirus. HTTPS scanning protects your PC against malware delivered by TLS and SSL encrypted HTTPS traffic when you browse the web. This feature is enabled by default, however you can disable it in Web Shield settings.
If you disable HTTPS scanning, any malware delivered by HTTPS traffic is hidden by TLS/SSL encryption and your computer is more vulnerable to threats.
Manage HTTPS scanning in Web Shield
To enable or disable HTTPS scanning, follow these steps:
- Open the Avast user interface and click Settings.
- Select Components from the left panel, then click Customize next to Web Shield.
- Tick or untick the box next to Enable HTTPS scanning to turn the feature on or off.
If you only want to exclude specific sites from scanning, select Exclusions
from the left panel, and add the URLs of the sites that you want to exclude from scanning to the URLs to exclude
section. This excludes both HTTP and HTTPS pages at the specified domain from scanning. For more information about setting exclusions, refer to the following article:
- Click OK to save your changes.
- Avast Premier 17.x
- Avast Internet Security 17.x
- Avast Pro Antivirus 17.x
- Avast Free Antivirus 17.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 2, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition - Service Pack 3, 32-bit