Avast 2015: Installing Avast Free Antivirus
How to Install Avast Free Antivirus 2015
Before you begin make sure you are logged into Windows with administrator permissions, no other programs are running in Windows, and any other antivirus software is fully uninstalled.
- Windows 8.1 except RT and Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 8 except RT and Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 7 SP1 or higher, any Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows Vista SP2 or higher, except Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows XP SP2, any Edition.
- Windows fully compatible PC with Intel Pentium III processor or above.
- 128 MB RAM or above.
- 2 GB free space on the hard disk.
- Internet connection is needed to download, activate and maintain updates of the program and antivirus database.
- Optimally standard screen resolution not less than 1024 x 768 pixels is recommended.
- Avast Free Antivirus 2015 is not supported on Microsoft Windows Server operating systems, or any operating systems which are not specified.
- Download Avast Free Antivirus 2015 from the Avast website.
- Right-click the downloaded setup file avast_free_antivirus_setup_online.exe and choose Run as administrator.
- The Avast Setup wizard appears. Choose your license type and the setup mode.
- Select Regular installation for quicker setup with default options.
- Select Custom installation to select the location of program files, and choose program components and languages on the following screens.
- Confirm all selections until the installation progress bar appears.
- Once the installation is completed, click Done to exit setup.
Avast Free Antivirus 2015 is now installed on your computer and ready to use. The Avast user interface is accessible via the orange ball icon in your system tray or orange shortcut icon on your Windows Desktop.
Be sure to register
to get your free license within 30 days of installation.
- Avast Free Antivirus 2015
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition